·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes...............

What are you looking at doing??

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i'm wondering about this myself. i want to replace my door speakers with some infinity ref. componets and wondering if i need to add another amp in. i have one amp powering my sub its an JL 1200e amp.

·
Registered
893 Posts
^^ Yes you would. I mean you could run them off the deck but that wouldn't be putting much power to them.

Plus you DO NOT want a bass signal going to your mids/highs.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
thanx bro.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was gonna run 2 memphis mojo 15s. and i was gonna hook up a 2000watt amp up to each them bc there rms is 1500 i think. and them another amp for my mids and highs.. am i doin this right? im gonna need 3 amps?

·
Registered
84 Posts
You'll need another amp for mids and highs. I gotta tell you, though - that's a lot of bass and those amps will need a lot of current. You're going to need a lot of big (2 gauge) wire and good connectors for hooking it up to the battery. It wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade the alternator to battery and battery/alternator to ground wires as well.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i need 4 amps..??? and 2 gauge wirings. possible a cap?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i already have 2 jl audio w1 12s and a memphis amp. but i want somethin else. anyone wanna buy my 12s?

·
Registered
84 Posts
No, not 4 amps. I was agreeing with your comment about an amp for highs. So you need amp(s) (1 or more) for subwoofers, and an amp for highs. So either 2 or 3 amps (depending on how many sub amps you end up with). And a cap would be a good idea.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3 amps and a cap for that system be ok?? what amps would you suggest?? 1 for each sub and then one for the mids and highs

·
Registered
84 Posts
Someone else probably could give better suggestions on current products. My system is built on mostly old school stuff - SoundStream MC300 and Audio Control 4xs (originals). But in general, you'll want to go with a class D for the subs. Since you're running Memphis subs, they'd probably make a good choice for amps as well. I haven't done much with them, but everything I've heard is good.

·
Registered
893 Posts
What are the exact speakers that you have??

I know they are the mojo 15's but which ones?? Are they the dual 2 ohm voice coils or the quad 1 ohm ones??

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont have any yet. this is the system i am lookin at gettin. what do you recommend??

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm running 2 Hifonics Brutus 2000 watt amps for my subs and rockford for the mids/highs. My trucks been in the body shop and I just got it back last week...and I'm finishing up my new box for my subs this week so I haven't really tested the HIfonics out too much yet....I can let you know how they perform soon though.. This is like my 4th different box for the same subs...I had a sealed, ported, and this is an isoberic box...we'll see how it sounds..haha

I reallly like the Rockford 450.4 amp though for the door speakers. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
thats a big system. my last vehicle i had 2 15" audiobahn natural sounds powered by a sony xplod 1200w (DO NOT doubt that amp!) and rockford 5.25s in all the doors with a small mtx amp. i had serious light diming goin on til i hooked up just a 2farad cap and it solved the issue perfectly. i would recommend getting a huge cap like 50+ farad if you are trying to stay away from replacing the battery/alternator.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well that setup is more than what i need. i actually think that i will just get one 15 memphis mojo and a 2000 watt amp to save space

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
yeah get only one that way I can be the only one on here with 2.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts