Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intalled a 2" lift on my 2010 colorado 2wd. When the truck shifts into 2nd gear and at more than 1/4 throttle there is a slight vibration coming from the drivetrain. I have no other vibration at any other time and did not have it before the lift. Thanks -mike

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Could be pure coincidence.

The next possibility would be universal joints. I highly doubt it though. In theory, you changed the angle the rear drive shaft ever so slightly. If the universals have a wear pattern from before, you may experience a vibration as the bearings are loaded differently. Again, highly unlikely.

Did you change tires too? The coincidence I think of could be amplified by a stiffer suspension than it was before and not absorbing any of the vibrations that have always been there but never making it to the driver seat.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
Did you change wheels? If so, is the center bore on the new wheel bigger than the center bore of the stock wheel?

I have a vibration issue and my lug nuts are backing off over a 3000 mile period. Best we can tell, the wheel has movement, slippage, enough to create a vibration and loosen nuts because the center bore on my wheels is 108mm and the hub center is 100mm. I have ordered hub centric rings as a fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts