Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no I'm about to receive a lot of hate for asking this but is anyone here running a 2 link on their truck? If so post some pics up ... For the haters I'll save u some time I understand a 3/4/5/6 link is far better thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
a 2 link would basically be ladder bars. lots of drag cars use ladder bars, even some off road stuff. Problem is pinion angle. You need the 2 link to pivot at the exact same spot as your drive shaft to keep everything lined up as the suspension moves

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I no I'm about to receive a lot of hate for asking this but is anyone here running a 2 link on their truck? If so post some pics up ... For the haters I'll save u some time I understand a 3/4/5/6 link is far better thanks
"Haters".....ugh

Just curious. If you understand that anything other than a 2 link is far superior, then why are you still considering doing one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because I've just always had one it's not a race car so I don't see the need in putting a 4 link on it

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm not going to beat the dead horse about which suspension is best. I think we all know, but 2-link systems work and done right, is good for a cruiser and they can handle a fair amount of power.

I'd probably look at a 67-72 chevy truck with the trailing arm set up. The 67-72 long bed was 127" wheelbase and the CC Colorado has a 126" wheelbase. Not sure if the trailing arms are the same in all versions (I believe they are), but see if you can grab a full set up at the junk yard for mock up. To help eliminate the pinion angle issue (if you aren't already set up like this) look at a 2-piece driveshaft (with carrier bearing). I know the this helps with some pinion angle isues that get brought up with 2-link setups.

A longer trailing arms will help with the articulation and better for the pinion angle than going shorter.

Good luck and post up some pics if you go this route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts