Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st..anyone know what the hell that rattle is under the dash, i havnt really looked yet but to save all the time in searching for it i thot ide ask...this aint an interior question but i didnt wanna make a bunch of posts but howcome my throttle response aint that great, i dunno if its cause where my maf senor is located now oe what but it dont seem right..my maf sensor is right before the throttle body

·
Registered
563 Posts
:yeahthat:

and for the 1st question...youre gonna have to elaborate more on the sound youre hearing.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
is the sound comin from the passenger side in the bottom corner of the windshield lol? cuz mine like rattles and i want to punch it and havent had time to figure it out.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
is the sound comin from the passenger side in the bottom corner of the windshield lol? cuz mine like rattles and i want to punch it and havent had time to figure it out.

yeah mine does that too.... the friggin intake is so loud that it rattles the passenger side of the dash and its so anoying....

Z

·
0 Posts
I dont suppose you have an AEM intake and one of the heatshields crappy tabs broke off?? That makes one hell of a rattle when it happens.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
yeah mine does that too.... the friggin intake is so loud that it rattles the passenger side of the dash and its so anoying....
Try sticking a piece of foam tape where the a-piller and dash meets near the bottom of the windsheild. That how I got rid of my rattle.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Why is your MAF sensor right before the throttle body?

·
Registered
466 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
i hate random rattles! I have one in my dash somewhere too!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why is your MAF sensor right before the throttle body?

cause the intake i bought off ebay, i thot it was for my truck but it was just a short ass tube with a little curve in it, like a universal type thing and i cut the part that holds the maf senor on the stock intake and thats where i mounted it...i needa get me a real intake it just aint a priority right now

as for the rattle, its real bad when it starts up and over bumps and it sounds like its coming from the under the dash on the passenger side, kinda like my hvac unit is loose or something, ill look at it today

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Try sticking a piece of foam tape where the a-piller and dash meets near the bottom of the windsheild. That how I got rid of my rattle.
ill have to try that! thanks brewer!

·
Registered
563 Posts
cause the intake i bought off ebay, i thot it was for my truck but it was just a short ass tube with a little curve in it, like a universal type thing and i cut the part that holds the maf senor on the stock intake and thats where i mounted it...i needa get me a real intake it just aint a priority right now
how about putting the maf at the other end of the pipe. right after the filter. see if that works for the mean while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts