Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to 335nation n i drive a '05 colorado Z71 4WD crew cab. I no it's a long shot but I'm lookin for a way to raise my suspension 2"s. Im on a low budget n I'd like to pay 100 dollars max. ne suggestions for a cheap 2" suspension lift wuld be greatly appreciated.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Yep...you MAY have $20 in the shackle's if you use the auto zone shackles...and the alignment will be around $60-$100 depending on where your at. IF you hve a firestone anywhere near you have them do it and get the lifetime deal they have..as many times as you need it done and its only $180. Thats dirt cheap!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already have my tbars maxed n i also have 2" drop blocks n the rear end. i wanna keep the angle that it sits at but i want the whole truck raised bout 2". if i take the drop blocks out wats another way i can raise my front end 2" to keep the same angle. sry my bad i completely forgot to mention wat i had already done to it

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Ball joint flip is about all you can do over a crank its good for another .5-1" of lift I would get rid of the drop blocks man that actually lowers you. And use some ebay shackles for 40 bucks they work great and look good. I just don't trust the autozone stuff unless you brace it and its still an if to me.

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
i already have my tbars maxed n i also have 2" drop blocks n the rear end. i wanna keep the angle that it sits at but i want the whole truck raised bout 2". if i take the drop blocks out wats another way i can raise my front end 2" to keep the same angle. sry my bad i completely forgot to mention wat i had already done to it
hold up wait a minute you have drop blocks but have your torsion bars maxed :confused:
dude i have my torsion bars maxxed at a 4 in crank. youre tellin me that you have a lowered cali lean of about 4-6 inches and you want to go higher????? take out the blocks, done

there's no way your bars are cranked that high. whats your hub to fender measurement stock is 21 inches up front 22 out back.

Soloution~ provided your torsion bars are maxed out your cv angles are probably trash. i would like to see a pic of your truck or at least see some measurements. you could buy new torsion bars if they have sagged that bad. if the bars arent that bad then buy lift keys. the max you should crank is 2.5 inches with a 3/4 diff drop. ultimately if you dont wwant to go through that then buy a body lift suspension maXX sells a 1.5 in body lift many members on here have. or go with the 3 in pa body lift and be done with it.

Ball joint flip is about all you can do over a crank its good for another .5-1" of lift I would get rid of the drop blocks man that actually lowers you. And use some ebay shackles for 40 bucks they work great and look good. I just don't trust the autozone stuff unless you brace it and its still an if to me.
the ball joint flip does not net lift. its not like you can crank for 4 inches and get another ".5-1" of lift" members see lift because of the added stress created when our ball joints max out after 2.5 in of lift. the flip gains a precious few degrees on that balljoints travel. with the all the stress of the crank the ball joint goes right back to its limit but a little higher now.

IF gm had put the ball joint either at a greater resting angle or gave it a higher misalignment we wouldn't have this conversation. the upper ball joint flip does not net lift period

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
the ball joint flip does not net lift. its not like you can crank for 4 inches and get another ".5-1" of lift" members see lift because of the added stress created when our ball joints max out after 2.5 in of lift. the flip gains a precious few degrees on that balljoints travel. with the all the stress of the crank the ball joint goes right back to its limit but a little higher now.

IF gm had put the ball joint either at a greater resting angle or gave it a higher misalignment we wouldn't have this conversation. the upper ball joint flip does not net lift period
CORRECT! It does not net lift at all. Just more or less lets the truck sit at the level it wants to after a crank like he said.

Also, the autozone shackles while cheap and not looking like some you can buy other places...are still VERY good. I tow boats ALL over the damn place, have a new engine to prove I off road, and on top of that have had the autozone shackles on my trck for over a year..not a mrk on them and they work great. they just hang low..lol. Only draw back to them...If you don't wanna do shackles, you can do a helper spring or even a new set of higher arched springs...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the reason i have my truck sitting the way it does is cause alot of the trucks where i live do theres that way so its like a trend but i want to raise the front 2" n take the blocks out that way i keep the same angle but 2" higher n ill post pics soon im gonna take pics for my facebook as soon as i get my new tires n rims tommorrow so ill put a pic on here then

·
Registered
455 Posts
He's a follower, Don't follow the crowd.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
the reason i have my truck sitting the way it does is cause alot of the trucks where i live do theres that way so its like a trend but i want to raise the front 2" n take the blocks out that way i keep the same angle but 2" higher n ill post pics soon im gonna take pics for my facebook as soon as i get my new tires n rims tommorrow so ill put a pic on here then

LOL.

Please post pics. And prepare your anus for the verbal rape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts