Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK well I was going to wait till tomorrow to throw this thread up but I know I'll forget so here we go.

Spent the day lifting the truck. Add-a-Leaf in the back with new Rancho RS5190 Shocks. Cranked the torsion bars in the front with Rancho RS5300 Shocks. Hardley hit any snags. The driver's side rear was a bitch cuz the bolts rusted inside the bushings for the leaf pack but a lil PB Blaster and some persuasion ;) and it came out. The right side went like butter. Oh and just a side note this was all done with hand tools. (eatthat Josh :kiki2:)

It rides more like a truck now but damn it feels good to be lifted. On to the pics.

I got bad start pics but oh well.

Old and New side by side :D

This was the tricky part but it went smoothly. 41 ft/lb of torque isn;t a whole lot. The wrench started clicking and I'm like what that can;t be right. I guess we'll know in a few days. :lol:

Nothing but axle. :D

Somethings not right here.

Rear all done

All done

I didn't get any pics of the front cuz by that point I needed to get moving cuz I had a family dinner to get to and was running out of time. But everything went smooth. Just a pain in the ass with those stud mounts. Sat there for a while with my head in the wheel wells.

I think I need to crank the TBs a lil more to get the right look but I can live with that rake if necessary. Those TB bolts were getting hard to turn as it was. Oh well.

Let me know what you think.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

I know those wheels need to go but the only reason I'm still not rocking the Generals is cuz I popped one when I hit the wall. So I replaced them all. Rins are comming soon. Maybe just painting these. But i think it's time to upgrade to 32s maybe 33s :D Hell I've only had the 31s for 3months :lmao:

I'm a lil worried about it settling too low so I may go give them 1 more full crank but I agree I like it raked a lil.

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
Looks damn good, congrats on getting it done! Hey if you're looking to get rid of those 31's down the road....... :)

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll keep you in mind :thumbup:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Looks great, it could use some slightly larger tires but it's not too bad as is.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
looks awesome man nice work!
yea you could crank the TBs a lil more to get an even stance.. but still looks great either way

do you plan to do bigger tires soon?

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
yeah man. Im in the same boat as you. after doing this I wanna slap 33s under there but my 31s are from Nov. Just gonna wait till the fall to replace. Im glad your spring bolts came out with a minimal amount of persuation. Lucky.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Looks great dude. :thumbup:

I like the stance it has right now. I would leave it as is.. Some 32" tires will complete it but it also looks fine with the 31s for the time being. Just my opinion..

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
looks great, but i dont like the raked look on a lifted truck, i would rather the back sit a SLIGHT bit lower than higher personally. can you fit 33s? it looks a fair amount lower than my truck was with only the 5inch lift and i rubbed like a bitch with 33s. if you can get them in there you will probably have to kill the mud flaps. looks good tho man!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts