Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in need of some help. Mechanic just told me that I have water in my gas because of a rotted tank where the fuel pump attaches. GM does not make replacements. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for a 2004 Colorado Z71 5cyl?

·
Registered
441 Posts
these are a plastic fuel tank but the fuel pump mount is steel. That mount rusts out and lets water in, causes vapor leaks, and all sorts of fun. junk yard tanks tend to be pretty good just look over the fuel pump mount area real close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m in need of some help. Mechanic just told me that I have water in my gas because of a rotted tank where the fuel pump attaches. GM does not make replacements. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for a 2004 Colorado Z71 5cyl?

Good luck! They are out there. I had the same problem, I found one in Md. at a junk yard, so I drove down from NJ to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
The idea that GM does not have new tanks is not exactly correct. I just went to the website of my local chevy dealer and was one click away from purchasing a new tank for my 08. Perhaps only certain years are on hand. Thankfully I don't need it , but I was curious as to their availability . Comes at a hefty price though, $675.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Take a vacation and come to Savannah, GA. It's great this time of year. Everything is blooming an it hist 80 degrees today. And at our cash-n-carry auto parts U-Pull yard I saw 4 colorados last week that all had the beds removed and perfect gas tanks. Gas tanks are $19.99 plus a $2 core charge! All the trucks I saw were '04-'08. If you're looking for newer trucks, you'll have to go to the other lot it town LKQ. It's a U-pull lot too. Prices are higher. Their price for gas tanks is $21.14 with a core charge of $2.75.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take a vacation and come to Savannah, GA. It's great this time of year. Everything is blooming an it hist 80 degrees today. And at our cash-n-carry auto parts U-Pull yard I saw 4 colorados last week that all had the beds removed and perfect gas tanks. Gas tanks are $19.99 plus a $2 core charge! All the trucks I saw were '04-'08. If you're looking for newer trucks, you'll have to go to the other lot it town LKQ. It's a U-pull lot too. Prices are higher. Their price for gas tanks is $21.14 with a core charge of $2.75.

That’s an even better deal than I got! My tank was $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
What sucks for me is , while the Pull A Part yards have serviceable tanks , their practice is to cut a fist size hole into them to remove any gasoline. I don't really know if a person could make a reliable patch that would hold up to being submerged in gasoline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts