Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think its coolant as it don't have that smell. and the coolant level is normal. I know in rain the driver side leaks a little water and collects by the kick panel. but now its on the passenger side and under the floor mat. rubbing my hand back and forth on the wet spot it comes up clear with a misty smell. I don't recall having anything that would have leaked. when I run the heater it does not give off a coolant smell and there is no film on the windshield from using the defrost. what other signs of a heater core is there. the bottom of the heater box is dry. I read the post on heater core removal and I really don't want to do it unless I have too :lol:

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I've heard the 3rd brake light is a common leaking point. Try checking it out. Use the search function to help you out

·
Registered
418 Posts
Two more possible entry points are a bad seal on rear a sliding window [ if you have one] and where the seats bolt to the floor pan. Also, the leak you know about can saturate the floor insulation by capillary action. In time that can and will soak a larger area. Best plan would be to fix the known area leak first then go from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
today I removed the cowl plastic panel and noticed the old seam sealer has failed or was missing. so I cleaned it up and sealed it back up. hopefully when the sealer drys my cab will stay dry

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2004 extended cab had water on both floorboards and I’m guessing due to the rake of the front end the water was going from under brake light towards front. My carpet not any other signs of water in the rear and when I sealed light it all dried up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
OP idk if you figured it out, but check the roof ditches. Pull up the black trim above the doors on the roof. I was getting water on my floor mat, up through the dash, up the pillar, onto the headliner. There was a huge fucking gaping hole left from the factory that they did not weld. Filled it with some marine grade sealant and the leak stopped. Also siliconed the third brake light for measure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts