Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well first I'm 16 years old and my dad is a manager for a car delearship, basically meaning I can get what I want for my first car pretty cheap. Anyways I was thinking about an 05 Colorado Extreme so if you could tell me some good and bad new about that truck and some sweet upgrades that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
good truck...biggest problem are problems with the cylinder head, but gm extended the warranty on the head until 100k mi

oh, its an Xtreme, not extreme

oh, and welcome!

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
:welcome: Xtremes are sweet!!! if you look around you will find different mods you can do.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
get an 06 to 07 though. then you have less chance of have the head issue. No chance if you get an 07. There kinda hard to find unless theres one at your dads dealership. I love mine.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
if his dad is the manager at the dealership I could think it would be safe to assume any head problems would be taken care of. As far as upgrades you can find anything you want whether its suspension, wheels, cold air kits, exhausts and stereo........you came to the right place. Oh and by the way will you go buy that truck already.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
welcome

X

·
0 Posts
mine came with the pussy magnent.... its behind the steering column

oh btw... welcome

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Ok well first I'm 16 years old and my dad is a manager for a car delearship, basically meaning I can get what I want for my first car pretty cheap. Anyways I was thinking about an 05 Colorado Extreme so if you could tell me some good and bad new about that truck and some sweet upgrades that would be great. Thanks

welcome to the money pit - hope your dad wants a custom truck ...
oldman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the comments back, Yea my bro had a Colorado for his first truck(which he totaled, loved the truck, but I guess that's what you get when your showing off for the ladies) now he's got a Camaro Z28, cant wait till I can bring the Rado back in the family. Going to get it next week I'm not sure If I want all black or red and get a black or carbon fiber hood on it, well see. Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Thanks for all the comments back, Yea my bro had a Colorado for his first truck(which he totaled, loved the truck, but I guess that's what you get when your showing off for the ladies) now he's got a Camaro Z28, cant wait till I can bring the Rado back in the family. Going to get it next week I'm not sure If I want all black or red and get a black or carbon fiber hood on it, well see. Thanks
i dont think anyways has actually gotten a cf hood yet supposedly there are some but I have yet to see actual pics of one

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Cervini makes a carbon fiber hood for our trucks

Edit: never mind I think it was fiber glass hood I saw. Its been a while.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts