Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Sport LS with 3.5L engine. About 3 months ago I got a Reduced Power Mode on my truck. Replaced the throttle body with an OEM Dorman throttle body.
Replaced the MAF sensor, the pigtail, the pedal assembly and the fuse. Everything worked fine for a while. Engine light comes back. Checked code and it indicates throttle position sensor which is inside the throttle body. Replaced the throttle body and she ran great for awhile. Now the engine light comes back on and then goes off and I get the reduce power back sporadically. Had the engine light checked and it comes back to the throttle body position sensor. Any suggestions on what to do next.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

What are all the codes that have been set since the problem started? Not the descriptions, the code numbers.

Are the replaced pedal assembly and MAF sensor also aftermarket? FYI, Dorman is not OEM. ACDelco is GM's OEM brand.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
My advice would be to close your wallet and open up an internet search including the error codes. Parts store employees are not very dependable for providing diagnostic advice. Sometimes they have no idea what you need, but they certainly know what they have to sell you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Nation.

What are all the codes that have been set since the problem started? Not the descriptions, the code numbers.

Are the replaced pedal assembly and MAF sensor also aftermarket? FYI, Dorman is not OEM. ACDelco is GM's OEM brand.
P0016 Throttle body position sensor is the most recent.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
P016 is a crankshaft/camshaft position sensor issue. Nothing to do with throttle position. Are you changing the oil regularly with 5W-30 oil? One reason for this code is poor oil circulation to the parts that adjust valve timing. Other possible causes are a bad crankshaft position sensor or bad camshaft position sensor. Are you sure you sure you posted the correct code?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts