Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to post this question, but does anyone know how to access the bed light wiring? I've looked everywhere and cannot find any answers.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Okay, I haven't yet pinned down the wire routing in the Service manual. I believe that it is up the left "A" pillar and above the headliner, but I'm not positive. Power comes from the BCM and the ground is at the G105 splice pack on the left fender wall outboard of the brake control valve. I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Okay, I haven't yet pinned down the wire routing in the Service manual. I believe that it is up the left "A" pillar and above the headliner, but I'm not positive. Power comes from the BCM and the ground is at the G105 splice pack on the left fender wall outboard of the brake control valve. I'll keep looking.
I look forward to your answer/direction. My cargo light on the 3rd brake light has been out for a while.

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
Mine runs up the A over to the mirror and across the roof under the headliner

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Thanks Uncanny, I wasn't sure.

RickD: Unless someone has been "mucking" with the wiring, the problem most likely is at a connection someplace. What have you checked so far? If you have power to the light socket, it is probably a ground issue. Is the dome light working normally?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
^^ Good point there

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
RickD: Unless someone has been "mucking" with the wiring, the problem most likely is at a connection someplace. What have you checked so far? If you have power to the light socket, it is probably a ground issue. Is the dome light working normally?
The dome light works as advertised. On and off when it's supposed to be. The cargo light never comes on. According to the trucks manual, I should be able to turn it on when the dome light is on. Not. I put new bulbs in a couple of weeks back, ng. Switched the bulbs with 3rd brake light and the bulbs are good. As far as I can tell, the ground is good behind the battery. Don't have any other things not working, so I guess your suggestion is a connection somewhere. Do not have power to the socket.
Is the wire going from the switch button area the same as the one up in the light?

Update: Pulled the headlight switch out. The grease was like liquefied. Cleaned it off. Washed it with electronics cleaner and reassembled. Lights now work. Was kind of hoping that the switch panel lights would magically come back on but not to be. Cargo lights work now though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts