Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only ever bought one vehicle new off the lot. This 2006 GMC Canyon is my baby and my daily driver. Between natural wear/fogging and a desire to freshen the look up some I decided to replace all my lights with after market sets. These are the before and after pics. Let me know what you think.

I do know my phone/camera is a potato :)

https://imgur.com/a/nhQrqv2

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Nice find. They come with new drl/signal harness and bulbs too? Hope they don't condensate on you. Thats what I worry about getting new aftermarket housings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice find. They come with new drl/signal harness and bulbs too? Hope they don't condensate on you. Thats what I worry about getting new aftermarket housings.
No i used the existing bulbs and harness, fits like oem. I will give an update about condensation if it happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were they easy to install
Very. Phillips head and thin flat head to pop clips. and 10mm socket and ratchet with long extension.

tails lights - two screws, swap bulbs/harness
removal of front grill - unhook b/h and pop clips free
swap of signal lamps - squeeze clip and push free, swap b/h
headlights - remove two 10mm bolts per side, swap b/h and bolt back on
Reinstall grill - pops in, reconnect bulbs and harness
done

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I am now looking at those.
I am also considering replacing the original fog lights right below those with an LED type that would be a good fit without a bunch of mod. Have you seen such LED Fog Lights?
No, i have not. My truck does not have them so i haven't looked. Good luck finding a nice set.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Very. Phillips head and thin flat head to pop clips. and 10mm socket and ratchet with long extension.

tails lights - two screws, swap bulbs/harness
removal of front grill - unhook b/h and pop clips free
swap of signal lamps - squeeze clip and push free, swap b/h
headlights - remove two 10mm bolts per side, swap b/h and bolt back on
Reinstall grill - pops in, reconnect bulbs and harness
done
very cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts