Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbe and sure seems like a great forum Gil is my name and get some pictures soon . Looking fowward to learning about truck bought and made a mistake got it Ga, and live in Tennessee where you have to get passed at ennisions test and Georgia don't will already had two parts put on and the check engine has come back as a P0496. guess that is my stupidity. hope you guys will have me and thanks very much Gil

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I am a newbe and sure seems like a great forum Gil is my name and get some pictures soon . Looking fowward to learning about truck bought and made a mistake got it Ga, and live in Tennessee where you have to get passed at ennisions test and Georgia don't will already had two parts put on and the check engine has come back as a P0496. guess that is my stupidity. hope you guys will have me and thanks very much Gil
Welcome to the Nation. What two parts were changed? Purge valve and vent solenoid?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Nation. What two parts were changed? Purge valve and vent solenoid?
Going to take to the shop today will let you know .
Will let you know on Wed when they work on it . By the do you what the volume of gear oil the tranny holds 5 speed work truck 2006

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Going to take to the shop today will let you know .
Will let you know on Wed when they work on it . By the do you what the volume of gear oil the tranny holds 5 speed work truck 2006
The GM 2006 Owner's Manual states that the manual transmission requires 2.5 Quarts
(drain and refill).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will let you know by Wed or Thursday.
It was A thermostat and some other part with a can looking thing and a hose comming from the can looking device the bill will tell and I will look . the light staed off long enought to get thru emmisions and it cam back on with a po496 Vapor canister purge Solenoid The mechanic said it could just be the Solenoid. will let you know next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts