Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a tail light that works and brakes but does not signal so I thought it was the relay which I thought was under the steering wheel making that noise. The part I bought doesn't at all match up even though I bought it twice I am confused. The first time I thought I needed to replace a fuse as the manual showed where the relay was but I am learning as I go.

I have a 2.8l 2006 Colorado. Thanks for any help.

Nathan

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
If it is just one rear taillight and all other signals work, it's most likely the bulb. They are dual filament so they may still light for taillight and brakes but the signal filament could be out.

·
Site Sponsor
228 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nathan,

If you are experiencing hyperflash, it's most likely a bulb going bad. The filament in your factory bulb actually creates resistance in the circuit. When those bulbs go bad, they aren't creating enough resistance which signals to the flasher to enter a "hyperflash failure mode" as a way to inform you they need to be replaced.

This is also the same reason why LED's often require load resistors, since they draw very little current and create far less resistance than your factory bulb. The load resistors match the resistance that would be created if there was a filament in there.

If you swap the bulbs out and are still having issues, give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts