Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I wasn't sure if this was the correct forum. I apologize if it isn't.

I just replaced the switches. I bought a switch pack(?) from eBay. Now, things operate a little different. When I put the truck in park, only the driver's door unlocks instead of all four doors. The door chimes don't go off when I lock the doors with the switch before getting out. You can hear a click though. The replacement pack does light up when the lights come on at night. I don't remember the original doing that.

The only difference I noticed is I had to remove four screws from the switch pack to get it disconnected from the arm rest. The replacement pack on required three. Is this typical? I have zero experience working on cars, but have an electronics background.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
There is a thread I've read in the past that talks about setting the various options for the action when you shift to park. Also saw some stuff in the manual for my 04 that refers to it also. About the chimes...... don't know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Do you think a GM replacement would return things back to normal instead of this one?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts