Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I found something willing to share ,

Dont know if you noticed but our truck kinda have a hanging throttle, on mine when i was letting off the pedal and boost was on or even on cruze, i wasnt having enought vacuum to open blow off valve, since we cant really play with ETC parameter, what i did is make the virtual throttle body size twice as original, and inputing minimum opening % so it still start up "fine",

the result is instant throttle shut to idle value as soon as you let the pedal off, on mine this greatly removed turbo surge, i know those horse sounding thing are cool but arent that great for turbo life, as well as reversing out flow between shift...

this is a kinda weird tweak around to get the throttle shut parameter right but it work, only down side is that you might have to give it a little bit of throttle on very cold start , since the maximum auto throttle at idle is now lower. but its a really small down side to no more turbo surge.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I found something willing to share ,

Dont know if you noticed but our truck kinda have a hanging throttle, on mine when i was letting off the pedal and boost was on or even on cruze, i wasnt having enought vacuum to open blow off valve, since we cant really play with ETC parameter, what i did is make the virtual throttle body size twice as original, and inputing minimum opening % so it still start up "fine",

the result is instant throttle shut to idle value as soon as you let the pedal off, on mine this greatly removed turbo surge, i know those horse sounding thing are cool but arent that great for turbo life, as well as reversing out flow between shift...

this is a kinda weird tweak around to get the throttle shut parameter right but it work, only down side is that you might have to give it a little bit of throttle on very cold start , since the maximum auto throttle at idle is now lower. but its a really small down side to no more turbo surge.

That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing! I’ve never been fond of the electronic throttles on these trucks. I’ll have to give your settings a try.

While we’re sharing hacks:
You can get better engine braking and a nice exhaust cackle on decel by taking a bunch of advance out of the “coastdown” table under “idle spark advance”.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Mmmmm funny i did it backward, it make perfect sens, lol. i gotta stop making change i spend more time in the truck than in the house

I wonder if i can make it this way tho, cause on coastdown neutral im not willing to make it die due to sudent low timing, but instead switch change to "idle overspeed gear" and aply negative, i also noticed that here hp tuner forgot to multiply by 16 rpm rating. I dont know what kind of condition have to be met in order to be considered as @overspeed tho. might be too wide to work

Ima test today but it would probably have the same effect without touching neutral , also wondering, what would be better, having it retarded, or having the fuel cut off deceleration on at those rpm mmmm....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Edit: no cut off , emailed support and they said if you think thats an error in the program, please find what tab is causing this and tell us ... ho lol yeah of course xd...

flashed back to the original limetune file, still dont get any rev limiter and scanner show over 7k....

trying to copy/past from a stock file, still no limiter even with everything stock

did a complet reflash instead of calibration.. no rev limiter

what it seem is that the pcm would need a full reflash but with a stock file. wich i have but not for the matching pcm... so hp stealer want another 100 buck to unlock the file... wich i can then flash and try lol

what a freaking joke.....

update:

Even with a full reflash to whats was on when i got it, it still dont work.

update : came back from gm dealer, did a case relearn still no cut off....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Found it GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.... from what i understand it need to be at 0 when pcm call for negative torque rating. if you input 100 % rev limit dont work anymore...

the whole tab was at 100 % DUH

it aint really labelled but i think this tab is wrong and should not be able to tune -150 to 0 nm , i think those data row are actually for minimum throttle opening when deceleration/cut off is commanded.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
the only thing you can hit is the balancer, you gonna break ur drill before scratching it. flush oil and good to go... motor made a legit 30 000 miles since now

61 - 68 of 68 Posts