Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck threw a CEL on my way home from the lake the other day. I took it into my mechanic today and he said it comes up as a clogged injector. Code P0171 found TSB# 03-06-04-030H. They suggested contacting my local stealership to see if they'll swap it for a possible recall/warranty/or good will haha. Anyway I contact them they didn't find anything that'll help me out. So the price to replace em (mind you not even an upgrade) is 1200 bucks. Has anyone else ran into the injector issue? Ima start my search on here and check a how to on how to replace em. I'll be damnd if I pay twelve hundred bucks to get more stockers put in lmfao.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
Id look elsewhere for the proabem. Isn't that a lean code? Clogged injector would give you a miss fire code probably.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I have never had to replace injectors in my 3 vehicles. I did have to have one rebuilt. The fine filter tore and got stuck (held the valve open).

If it comes time to replace an injector, do the one that is bad. You can find a place to service, or purchase an injector should it come down to that.

I don't know what your last line meant. If you mean you would rather pay $1200 for larger injectors, well that is more of a waste since you can't more all of what a larger injector will produce.

Anyway, what exactly is the problem? I didn't know there was a code for a bad injector?? The code is a lean code, that doesn't mean the injector(s) is faulty.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
I doubt it's an injector.

Clean the MAF, check for vacuum leaks, look for a crack in your exhaust manifold, and change the first o2 sensor closest to the engine.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
You could have an air leak where the maf hooks up or the valve cover vent line. I don't think removing the intake would cause the issue without something not seated right or installed properly.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't feel like pulling apart the intake again but I have a query. When I put in the volant there was a hose about six inches or so from the TB that went into the side of the intake tube of the volant. Now that I put The stock intake back on I don't recall either closing off that particular inlet or it being sealed. Is there something that actually fits over it separately or does that get covered with the vortex?

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
there is a small hose on the stock resonator that goes to the valve cover. You need to pull that back off and hook it up or you will likely spray the top of your valve cover with oil, and running lean is not good for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there is a small hose on the stock resonator that goes to the valve cover. You need to pull that back off and hook it up or you will likely spray the top of your valve cover with oil, and running lean is not good for extended periods of time.
How do we know thats the issue? I mean is there a way I can see it without pulling the intake off? I mean I dont exactly live in a house so my opportunity to do this has a small window. There was not a separate hose when I attached the stock vortext back to the manifold. If I could take a pic and maybe you would be able to tell from it I would be happy to facilitate that for you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I pop the hood now would I see a bunch of oil sprayed everywhere? If so that would confirm the issue right FixxxerKH202?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry for the double post. It said I wasn't logged in so I couldn't post a pic in the last post.

I presume since I dont see that particular inlet for the hose that it is covered up by the hunk of plastic (Vortec 2900)?

Attachments

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
You have to take the resonator off to check it. It's two 10mm screws and 2 worm clamps, it takes all of 5 minutes. I'm assuming that's your issue because you said you didn't hook a hose back up and that you have a lean code which indicates the motor is getting air that wasn't metered or a lack of fuel which I don't suspect to be the case since you removed and replaced the intake.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay so im goggling wtf a resonator even is and cant find anything. Its obviously in the engine bay. When I go out there I wanna know what the hell im taking off. So that the apt management doesnt come out and scold me lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
black box that says vortech on it.
Got it im going out there now. Last question with that. Is there a hose that im looking for in this case or am I supposed to have one somewhere?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts