Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is relatively new to me, since Feb. It's time for front brakes. I've been amazed at how dusty and ugly the front wheels become so quickly due to brake dust. Any recommendations for pads to reduce the dust but don't compromise stopping ability?

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi. I'm new to the Colorado myself, but I went to ceramic pads about 10 years ago for my S10. The lack of brake dust was very noticeable. I was delivering pizza back then ( pick a pedal and floor it..:) ) and the ceramic didn't seem to heat up as bad either. They took a little getting used to in the beginning, but I never went back to semi-metallic and plan to put them this truck as soon as these wear out. They also seem to be kinder to the rotor as well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The truck is relatively new to me, since Feb. It's time for front brakes. I've been amazed at how dusty and ugly the front wheels become so quickly due to brake dust. Any recommendations for pads to reduce the dust but don't compromise stopping ability?

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Dan
A previous owner may have replaced the disc pads with the cheapest they could find . Not giving to you know whats about the amount of dust they make. Or , a ten year old truck may have had it's front bearings replaced and not have had the dust shields replaced. Shields can get wasted if you use an air chisel to break the bearing free and they are pricey to replace for what they are. Perhaps they rusted away, you may want to check and see.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
We are really happy with the Power Stop Evolution Sport pads (about $42. @ rockauto.com) I used as part of a brake upgrade on our V6 6-speed Accord. Super clean (no dust) and quiet even on drilled & slotted rotors. If I needed to do my truck I would certainly use them. Our Power Stop drilled & slotted rotors were also an excellent upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts