Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I’ve got a 2008 Colorado LT with an extended cab and the 3.7L with automatic shift on the steering column. It has the 60/40 cloth seats and the fold up/down center storage console. I’m changing out the seats to buckets, and I’ll need a floor mounted center console between the seats for storage and for the armrest.

When I search on Car-Part.com and put in the information about my truck, it only brings up 2007 through 2012, specifically excluding 2004 through 2006 - I changed my model year to 2006, and only 2004 through 2006 came up, so I know they have them.

My question is: Does anyone here know whether there actually is a difference in the 2004 through 2006 consoles that makes them not work in later year trucks? And if that is the case, can you give me an idea of what is different? Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I’ve got a 2008 Colorado LT with an extended cab and the 3.7L with automatic shift on the steering column. It has the 60/40 cloth seats and the fold up/down center storage console. I’m changing out the seats to buckets, and I’ll need a floor mounted center console between the seats for storage and for the armrest.

When I search on Car-Part.com and put in the information about my truck, it only brings up 2007 through 2012, specifically excluding 2004 through 2006 - I changed my model year to 2006, and only 2004 through 2006 came up, so I know they have them.

My question is: Does anyone here know whether there actually is a difference in the 2004 through 2006 consoles that makes them not work in later year trucks? And if that is the case, can you give me an idea of what is different? Thanks.
i think the color is different

·
Registered
371 Posts
Completely interchangeable I put a '12 Black console in my 05 ZQ8.

2008+ has black interior as a option so if you have tan or dark pewter your range goes from 04-2012.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.