Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys! well, im cuban and very stubburn and ive bought a 2008 P.A. 3inch body lift kit that i am in the process installing it on my 2011. first off NONE of the bolts for the new spacers work.

some more specific info for other members:

1. bolts that come with the kit:
    • (8)12x1.75x180 (too long for any of the mounting points of the bed and although the perfect length for the body mounting points, they are too thin.)
    • (8)12x1.75x100 (too short for any of the mounting points.)
    • (2)14x2.00x110 (possibly the right width for all 8 body mounting points but about 80mm too short and it only brough 2.)
-all the spacer blocks fit and work perfectly. the spacers for the bed sit nicely between the bed and frame. the spacers for the body sit on the OEM bushing in order to get the same height as the bed.

-NONE of the bolts for the new spacers work. the bed bolts that come with the kit are too short (12x1.75 100mm). i had to hit up a few local hardware stores and found some 12x1.75 130mm bolts which are perfect.

the biggest issue is the fact that all the mounting brackets come with a 1 inch washer welded to the subframe. otherwise atleast the bolts for the bed would have worked.

and although replacing bolts isnt that big of a deal, i dont see the steering shaft adapter fitting either. i will most likely take it out and have it extended at a local shop.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's looking good!! I would like to see some daytime pictures. I want to do something similar. About how much do you think it will end up being total? I mean from stock height to where you are now? Money wise.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's looking good!! I would like to see some daytime pictures. I want to do something similar. About how much do you think it will end up being total? I mean from stock height to where you are now? Money wise.
i havent measured any of the heights from stock or now, should be high enought to clear 35s. hopefully i can try my buddies wheels and tired some time this weekend

·
Registered
212 Posts
How much did it cost? Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Sent from My Phone

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
What length of bolt comes with the kit that you had to find on your own, are they also 130mm?

Seems that the threads don't have much engagement if you added a 3" spacer and a bold only just over an inch longer.

Excuse me, I haven't installed a body lift so maybe all the holes are blind and the stock bolts are excessively long for a stock mounting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What length of bolt comes with the kit that you had to find on your own, are they also 130mm?

Seems that the threads don't have much engagement if you added a 3" spacer and a bold only just over an inch longer.

Excuse me, I haven't installed a body lift so maybe all the holes are blind and the stock bolts are excessively long for a stock mounting.
  1. bolts that come with the kit:
    • (8)12x1.75x180 (too long for any of the mounting points of the bed and although the perfect length for the body mounting points, they are too thin.)
    • (8)12x1.75x100 (too short for any of the mounting points.)
    • (2)14x2.00x110 (possibly the right width for all 8 body mounting points but about 80mm too short and it only brought 2.)
i used 130mm 12x1.75 bolts for the bed. i am thinking i will need 180mm 14x2.00 bolts for the body but i will confirm on my first day off.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Sorry, I meant to ask what the stock length bolt was. I'd expect you need a 75mm longer bolt than the stock bolt? Give or take any differences of how much extra long the stock bolt is than what is actually required?

I guess more clear question is how much longer were the 100mm bolts than stock?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I meant to ask what the stock length bolt was. I'd expect you need a 75mm longer bolt than the stock bolt? Give or take any differences of how much extra long the stock bolt is than what is actually required?

I guess more clear question is how much longer were the 100mm bolts than stock?
the bolts that came with the kit were not much longer at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey the truck looks great! I have a 2010 crew cab and am looking at the same 2008 body lift kit. Can you please help me out with exactly what needs to be done to make the kit work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts