Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks to me like this is the same filter as 00-08 fullsize trucks. K&N has the dimensions on their site and mine measured perfectly. Stay tuned for confirmation once I find one for cheap :D

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: no such luck. I stopped at the auto parts store and they let me try one...it was about 1/2 inch too wide for the box and I couldn't get it to sit properly. back to the waiting game I guess.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
not possible they are completely different. Come mice chewed mine up and i went to get a new one but no dice. 07 is a cylinder 08 is flat

·
Registered
563 Posts
not possible they are completely different. Come mice chewed mine up and i went to get a new one but no dice. 07 is a cylinder 08 is flat
not if you get the complete intake system.

Not perfectly... Try it out and then revise that statement. :true:

:355:

ive heard it fits perfectly. i cant try it myself as i have an 07.

·
Registered
563 Posts
such as? as far as i know the only changes from 07 to 08 is the panel type filter instead of a cylinder type filter and having separate ECM and TCMs instead of a PCM.

airbox mounting points maybe?

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
For starters the air box design changed all together. Yes, the mounting points are different, so the 2007 kit is not a plug and play for installing it. There appears to be some minor changes in the MAF sensor/housing which also complicates the plug and play method if you do not have the HP Tuner available.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i didnt realize the maf sensor mounting. i'll take a look at work when i get the chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts