Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, since I know a few of you are putting out around 300hp, what you think the new v8 collies will run in the 1/4 mile times, or 0 to 60 times? I am really thinking about biting the bullet and trading in if they come out with them. Just thought it would be good to get a guestimate. I need some speed, this 4 banger is killing me!!:mav:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
The lightest chassis will be about 3800 lbs, hp will be 295. 14.0-14.5 is probably what you're looking at for the 2wd ext cab.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like 13's maybe even 12's would be no problem at all, even without a supercharger. Just bolt ons. Im pretty sure I am trading in.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Intake/exhaust/tune in a 2wd 5.3L EC should put you into the 13's pretty easily I think.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
And then put a big ass supercharger / turbo and ur fuckin golden!
Yeah because it took how long before the 3.5's got them produced? :lol:

Sounds like 13's maybe even 12's would be no problem at all, even without a supercharger. Just bolt ons. Im pretty sure I am trading in.
12's? unboosted out of a mostly stock pickup truck? V8 or not... come on man...

Intake/exhaust/tune in a 2wd 5.3L EC should put you into the 13's pretty easily I think.
13.9's ;)

-------------------

I'm not saying the V8 won't be fast, compared to our I5/I4's I just don't think it's going to be as fast as some of you are assuming it will.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Yeah because it took how long before the 3.5's got them produced? :lol:

12's? unboosted out of a mostly stock pickup truck? V8 or not... come on man...

13.9's ;)

-------------------

I'm not saying the V8 won't be fast, compared to our I5/I4's I just don't think it's going to be as fast as some of you are assuming it will.

Then you must not know much about LSx V8's. Cam + bolt-ons + converter in a 2wd EC will be a low 12, high 11 second truck. 10's are only a spray away if the driveline will take it. If you think I'm stretching the truth then look around at the power some of the fullsize trucks and f-bodies are making and get back to me. People will see 12's with a cam/bolt-ons truck, but it might idle like shit. :lol:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see high 13's from a tune only.

Superchargers won't be long, the TBSS kit would probably adapt to our trucks. Most setups will probably bolt up, and tuning won't be anything special.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Then you must not know much about LSx V8's. Cam + bolt-ons + converter in a 2wd EC will be a low 12, high 11 second truck. 10's are only a spray away if the driveline will take it. If you think I'm stretching the truth then look around at the power some of the fullsize trucks and f-bodies are making and get back to me. People will see 12's with a cam/bolt-ons truck, but it might idle like shit. :lol:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see high 13's from a tune only.

Superchargers won't be long, the TBSS kit would probably adapt to our trucks. Most setups will probably bolt up, and tuning won't be anything special.
Alright well i'll just sit back and wait for everything to unfold then...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
The Gen IV V8's have TONS of potential. These motors have 9.9:1 compression, LS6 heads, 87 mm TB. A tune on a fullsize 5.3 will take off .5-.7 in the 1/4 mile. There is a 2007 RCSB Silverado 5.3 in south tx that has run 12.7's with bolt ons and cam and converter. They weigh about 4500 lbs.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Hopefully everything will be the same setup wise under the hood so the parts will just transfer over.
some will, some wont.

intake and headers will need to be redone. pulleys, converters and all internals will work from the full size trucks.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
The lightest chassis will be about 3800 lbs, hp will be 295. 14.0-14.5 is probably what you're looking at for the 2wd ext cab.
3800 lbs? i didnt think our trucks were that heavy? maybe 3600?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
3800 lbs? i didnt think our trucks were that heavy? maybe 3600?
An I5 auto extended cab is about 3650. The V8 will add about 120 lbs to that. Just for the engine. Then factor in a few chassis changes to handle the power and your at atleast 3800 lbs.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
An I5 auto extended cab is about 3650. The V8 will add about 120 lbs to that. Just for the engine. Then factor in a few chassis changes to handle the power and your at atleast 3800 lbs.
that makes sense...too bad they wont put the damn thing in a RC

·
Registered
41 Posts
Too bad they won't come in manual transmission!

·
Registered
15 Posts
just remember these trucks DO NOT have a great trade in value at all...the max the biggest dealership in town would give me is $9,900 thats it.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts