Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So maybe someone has had this issue ...my 2009 Colorado 3.7 5cyl w 151k on it . The best way to discribe it is the motor pulses from 1500 to 1700 rpm when cruising from 45 to 55 mph .....has a slight rough idle in gear and more pronounced when in park ....plugs boots filters etc are all new.....full tune up done to try to fix the problem ....no codes ...any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
So maybe someone has had this issue ...my 2009 Colorado 3.7 5cyl w 151k on it . The best way to discribe it is the motor pulses from 1500 to 1700 rpm when cruising from 45 to 55 mph .....has a slight rough idle in gear and more pronounced when in park ....plugs boots filters etc are all new.....full tune up done to try to fix the problem ....no codes ...any ideas?
Thanks
Mike
Watch some videos on youtube, it maybe your vvt solenoid.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
a few things come to mind ...
a dirty throttle body ?
cracked line under airbox resonator ?
A/C pump kicks on hard causing a stubble?
oil level full ?
AcDelco 41-103 or Denso ITV16(5338) Spark Plugs ?
MAF (2134332 19186089) ?
MAP (12644228, 12594942, 2133949) ? controls idle throttle position ...
as mentioned VVT Solenoid ? us only GM or ACDelco (12615873)
just curious, which boots? radiator upper/lower?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wish I'd changed my intake cam position sensor before chasing a bunch of crap on my 3.5l. Never threw a code (for that) , but when I put a new one in the truck started throwing a p0017. Exchanged the new one for a new new one and the truck started running a ton better.

The thing is, I'm not sure if it was the sensor or the f'n connectors. I've replaced everything on mine and have now narrowed my issue to the coil pack connectors. Truck will run smooth as silk for a day or so, then start throwing a p0300. Jiggle the connectors and it smooths out again.

Short version, for $35, I wish I'd replaced the intake cam position sensor 1st. It seems to affect when the injectors fire.
FWIW

Boy this place HAS gone to crap...lol

No one's mentioned checking your grounds. Always check those ground packs under the hood. They're known to cause weird chit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts