Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new here and for the life of me I can not seem to find anyone on here that has done a swap with 4x4 going from a 2.9l to a v8. I am having problems with putting in my motor right now because its hitting my dang front differential. So far I have shaved down some edges on it and go both motor mount bolts to go in but the problem is I can get one motor mount Bolt to the block on the driver side to go in. If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I haven't put one in but the 2011's came with one so a 5.3 should fit no problem. My 2011 is a 4X4 5.3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that the Colorados have different mounting for our year because I had to by adaptors in order to drop it in. They told me that the factory mounts for those would not work.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I wish I had an answer to your comment but..... Can I assume that you have browsed through the various forums that have included V8 swaps? There were quite a few back when I was thinking of putting one in my 04 Z71 if/when the I5 ever died. Has 300K miles on 04 now so I went with buying a 2011 V8 4X4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only thing that I can find is everyone doing swaps on 07 and below and pretty much all of them seem to be 2wd. I know its going to take some time for me to figure out but once I do I will post results for anyone else trying to swaps and around this year Colorado

1 - 8 of 8 Posts