Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2011 Chevy Colorado z71 2wd and I’m looking for the best way to lift it. It has the torsion bars but I don’t want to crank them too much. I would like to be able to fit 33s without too much trimming and without too rough of a ride

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
4inch suspension and 1.5 body lift. That's what I'm in the middle of doing now myself. I'm running a 285/70/17 hoping to not rub at all.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Not many left. I went with 4" skyjacker. I think the only other company is tough country for a 4" lift

·
Registered
2008 Chevy Colorado WT Z71 4WD
50 Posts
I'm not sure how much you'd have to lift to fit 33's, as I've thought I've seen other forums saying you have to trim for room even with a lift and 33s. But tbh, that's just going out on a whim, as I don't know 100 percent.

As for shocks, you can actually use Bilstein 5165 (universal reservoir shocks) if you get a high enough lift. I put some of the reservoirs in the rear of my truck after lifting it 2.5", and they're so nice. DM if you want more info on that :)

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
I just finished the front 4"skyjacker lift on mine. Also a 1.5 suspension maxx body lift. I havent trimmed yet but this is how it sets with a 285/70/17. Ground to fender is at 40.5" with torsion bar set to half the length of factory which was 2 " of thread. I think i have another 1-2" i can lift yet.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts