Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would love to do a Carolina meet and greet!! We talked a few months ago about a lake meet. I say we get one rolling for the first of the year. I say about March when it's just turning warm and it's not too cold. Grill out go fishing and just shoot the shit!!! Sell parts trade, and do a mod meet if anyone has anything they need to get done to their trucks. I can bring tools. I can see if my dad will let me borrow his compressor. I'll get my buddy Brent at Hyperformance out to meet everyone and let him introduce himself. He's the guy who does my body work. He built my caddy tails and spoiler. Anyone is welcome. Even if you dont have a colly anymore your still welcome. I say we do it the second weekend (Saturday) in March. I'll host it. I can get some awards built. And some stickers made. I can do a raffle ticket if enough people come and have some things made for the raffle give away. Just let me know what your ideas are. I'll update the OP as we go along.

And now discuss~~~~~~~~

I'll be the first to sign up..

1). Silver_rado09
2). Idomin07
3). Slide81
4). RickCrew

Maybe

1). Blackzq8
2).GMCanyonL76
3). AJ16

·
truck built on Saturday..
5,082 Posts
Hi!
Where would this meet be?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was gonna make it remote to where everyone could come. I was thinking either table rock or Paris mt south carolina.

·
truck built on Saturday..
5,082 Posts
Bump.
Come on guys

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Count me in.
If this shapes up then I want to help make it happen.

I'm up near Asheville now, and I expect to be here into next Spring, at least.
I'll be way busy on my new (temp) job up here until about March, but it should be easing by then.

Location... Paris Mountain is a great spot, I practically grew up there.
The park gets super-crowded these days though, especially about that time of year and then through the summer.
Don't know for sure, but I'm betting to reserve a shelter/picnic area means registering months in advance.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm open to whatever. But I suggested the second Saturday of March!!!! 11:00 am Give people time to get here.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumpety????? Anyone care to suggest a date???

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I have to figure out gas money and date due to my job having a weird schedule and me being broke lol. Put me down for tentative though. Just not 100% sure at the moment.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Op Updated. I will put time and money into this one. As to I would like to make the first one I ever host a success!!!

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
Gonna bump this to keep it on everyone's minds. I like to attend another CC meet, and put faces with names

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'll say again, now that the holidays are past and we can give attention to this..
If the location should be Paris Mountain (and that would be great for me), it would be good if everyone can come together on a date so a picnic shelter can be reserved.

I still want to make it, and if we firm it up then I'm gonna plan on it.

Here's the picnic shelter rental page at the SC State Parks website:
Picnic Shelters at Paris Mountain State Park

Cost is listed as $27-52
My guess is that the $52 applies to the Sulfur Springs site, which is by far the choicest, and would serve the needs of a Carolina Chapter meet better because the parking area is large, flat, and nearer to the shelter than others.

For those who know the park, Sulfur Springs is that picnic shelter just at the base of the mountain, where there are two adjacent shelters together on the left there just before the road starts up the mountain.

Thinking about it, if we want Paris Mountain we should plan this around availability of the Sulfur Springs shelter.

Unless anyone/everyone has a preference for a different location, I'll pledge to pay at least half of the shelter cost if that'll help to get this ball rolling.

Gotta say though, there's almost no chance my truck is gonna be in really presentable condition by then... Between now and March I'm gonna be totally tied-up on my work up here and I'll be doing well to just have it washed, waxed, and detailed.

My only concern about Paris Mountain is I suspect if the Park personnel see us with a truck hood up they'll object and tell us it's against the park rules. Just a hunch, but..

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I had a Ford Ranger meet there before and no one bothered us. Also If this is the same one near cherry dale I'm thinking of off state park rd, Then It cost 10.00 a truck to enter, for the day. Does anyone wanna start donating parts to me so I can start making awards??? As far as awards I'm thinking we could do best interior Highest lowest and best of show. And if anyone wants to donate anything like 355 merchandise to me to give out as door prizes that would be greatly appreciated. @GeorgiaBoy I know you proly wont make it but I wanted to see where you got those 355 glasses made so I could get some for door prizes. I

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
Not trying to be negative in any way, but I don't see a need (at least right now) for awards and door prizes. Maybe just donations to cover costs of refreshments :shrug: If there is more interest and commitments, then maybe the awards. I see this as more of a meet and greet/ hangout for most that will show up, rather that a show and shine.

But don't get me wrong. I want to attend, and I'd feel great walking away with a trophy, but that's not what it should be about. I'd feel even better going home knowing I met new people and faces, and made some new 355 friends.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Not trying to be negative in any way, but I don't see a need (at least right now) for awards and door prizes. Maybe just donations to cover costs of refreshments :shrug: If there is more interest and commitments, then maybe the awards. I see this as more of a meet and greet/ hangout for most that will show up, rather that a show and shine.

But don't get me wrong. I want to attend, and I'd feel great walking away with a trophy, but that's not what it should be about. I'd feel even better going home knowing I met new people and faces, and made some new 355 friends.
Agreed.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good to me. But I atleast would like to do door prizes. Maybe give out carolina chapter stickers. And if you wanna eat maybe we can just meet up and who ever shows up we can all pitch in to go shopping and get what we need.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts