Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bumpety??? Come on guys lets agree on a date and place so we can get this rolling. If no ones interested just say so. I'm tired of my state feeling left out cause we never have no meetings. I guess I'm gonna have to go to the Georgia meets from now on.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'm still interested..

For me it needs to be late March at the earliest.
And there's no possibility my truck would be presentable.
I'll be working every minute the next few weeks.

And if Paris Mountain park is still the preferred site, the closer you get to the warm months the earlier you need to reserve an area. That place has become super-popular in recent years and its always packed during the spring months especially.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
For March, I am off Saturday the 14th and Saturday the 28th. Otherwise I will not be able at all to come. I plan to take the day before the meet off from work so I won't be a zombie for this meet. Like I was at the tune meet for, those who attended. Lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 14th is out for me as I will be drinking large amounts of Guinness that week end. Sorry, Have to celebrate my heritage that weekend. The 28th looks good for me. It would be great to be able to have a meet where their is a place to camp for the night and drive back the next day. Maybe have a camp fire , sit around and drink some beer and bullshit for a while. I'll be honest here and say that driving 3 or so hours somewhere to hang out for 5 to 6 hours and driving back the same day can make for a long day and probably turns off a lot of people from going to these meets.

I really think more people would go if they didn't have to drive back the same day on some of these meets.

Lots of things to do up here in Charlotte. Maybe i should do one. I have a yard that we could build a fire in and not have the local fire dept called in. Still too close to neighbors to be blowing up shit and shooting off guns. I have an above ground pool we could swim in, but that would have to wait for warmer weather. I would welcome anyone to spend the night. My tuner is in Mooresville. maybe could set up something with them for a Saturday. Gun range just 5 or so miles from the house. Mooresville dragway always has something going on. Charlotte Knights Baseball is going on all summer. Tons of stuff to do. But I am also cool with just hanging out to drink some beer.

Sorry, not trying to steal your thunder here....I am down for the 28th of march

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well since march and most of april is gone can we set one up in may or june???

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
I'm willing to try and make it to a meet, but it's hard to commit not knowing when and where. Plus the CC has been pretty quiet lately. Maybe pick two dates a couple months out and try to get some members talking :shrug:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just got a new job saturdays are good with me. thats when I'm off. put me down too. Im up close to boone. just let me know what the dates are! will be my first meet and greet!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im up for a meet it would be nice to meet some of my fellow brothers n since ive got the truck up and going id like to meet up n see what advice and or help you guys could give with fixing and modifying.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Okay guys I've been busy with the truck lowering and stuff. But I wanna try to get this meet rolling before SESM. I'm thinking either August or September on a Saturday. At state park paris mt state park.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
How does the 2nd weekend in September sound ???? We can do it at my buddys shop cook out hang out and do a mod day at his shop. This is the guy who does my body work and helped lower my truck for me.

·
Who dat? Who dere?
333 Posts
How does the 2nd weekend in September sound ???? We can do it at my buddys shop cook out hang out and do a mod day at his shop. This is the guy who does my body work and helped lower my truck for me.
depending on the distance that sounds good to me.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
2401 State Park Rd, Greenville, SC 29609. We can all meet here hang out for a few then convoy to his shop

·
Who dat? Who dere?
333 Posts
2401 State Park Rd, Greenville, SC 29609. We can all meet here hang out for a few then convoy to his shop
it's a 5 hour drive for me. could be possible. depending on what all we do.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
it's a 5 hour drive for me. could be possible. depending on what all we do.
Right at 4h 20min for me. And as per usual it'll depend on my fuel / money at the time. I am off the second Saturday of September, but I do work that Friday night / Saturday morning. Joys of 3rd shift.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'd enjoy it, but my truck is in shit shape..
Been working near 24-7 since late last year.
I mean really, I'd be embarrassed to have anyone here even see it.
All I've been able to do for months is pour gas in it and drive.

Reckon I won't make it to SESM either this year.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts