Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is mainly to get info posted about what's available for the 2015...

2015 GM COLORADO/CANYON 2WD/4WD 1.25" LEVELING KIT Zone Offroad Products

Zone C1121

Owners of the all new 2015 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 4X4s can level up their trucks quickly and easily.

The strut spacers are laser cut from steel and e-coated for long lasting corrosion protection. This kit is completely bolt on and does not require disassembly of the factory strut. This is the maximum amount of "top spacer" these trucks can have and still properly work within the limits of the factory suspension.

The new trucks set about 1.5" tail-high from the factory so adding this kit levels them out nicely and creates enough space to go up to a 265X75R17 tire using a 17" wheel with 5.75" backside.

Zone strut spacers are a proven inexpensive way to level your truck while still maintaining the factory ride quality.

Features:
◾Fast and Easy Install
◾Solid One-Piece Design
◾No Strut Compressor Required and No Disassembly of the Strut
◾Does not Change Your Factory Ride
◾Easy to Follow Instructions Included
◾Great Warranty
◾265/65R17 Tire on factory 17x8 wheel w/5.75" backspacing - this includes any equivalent spec'd larger diameter (18", 20", etc) wheel/tire combo.

Quick Specs
◾Front Lift Height: 1.25″
◾Front Lift Method: Top Strut Spacer
◾Wheel Size: 17
◾Back Spacing: 5.75″
◾Max Tire Size: 265/65R17

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-1in-suspension-leveling-kit-colorado/c1121

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Zone Offroad 2015 leveling kit

Now, this states that it is for the 4x4, but as it is simply a spacer that bolts between the coilover/strut assembly and the mount, I'd be curious if it's able to be bolted on either the 2x4 or 4x4.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

Now, this states that it is for the 4x4, but as it is simply a spacer that bolts between the coilover/strut assembly and the mount, I'd be curious if it's able to be bolted on either the 2x4 or 4x4.
Somebody on Colorado Fans claims to have contacted Zone on this kit, and was told that it is for the 4x4 only.

I'm really curious why it would not work on a 2WD though. I wonder if it is just a case of them having not tested it on a 2WD truck, and hence can't confirm it works.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

Could it be a different coil setup. Maybe smaller or something? Or maybe they just never tested it so say it won't.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It wouldn't make sense (assembly line wise) to run two different size coils. Also, the trucks appear to have the same height up front between the 4x4 and 2x4 trucks from the factory.

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts

You'd be surprised boyd, there is 3 diff suspension setups on the Cruze.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

FYI, looking into this again, it is now listed to be compatible between the 2wd and 4wd.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Well....this was surprisingly fast

Seems like it took months for parts to show up for the first gen truck

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket world likes these trucks better this go-round with the good reviews they have been getting.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
It also helps the RPO coded LFX 3.6 motor is used in several other Gm vehicles too.

I just really hope that ZR2 was more then a pipe dream

1 - 10 of 10 Posts