Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado is priced to sell, starting at $20,995 including destination.

The American automaker is hoping that the Colorado’s pricing will help give truck buyers more choices when shopping with the mid-size pickup priced about $8,000 to $10,000 less than a comparably equipped Silverado. Standard on the 2015 Colorado will be a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 200 hp and a six-speed manual transmission. Features include power windows with express up for the driver, a rear-vision camera with dynamic guide lines and a locking tailgate.

SEE ALSO: 2015 Chevy Colorado: Five Things You Should Know

Available options for the affordable pickup include a 3.6-liter V6 engine with 305 hp, a six-speed automatic transmission, 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning and the automaker’s GearOn accessory system. Colorado shoppers can choose from two cab configurations, extended-cab and crew-cab.

The Colorado LT crew cab with 2WD and a five-foot box will start from $27,985 while the Colorado Z71 crew cab 4×4 with the five-foot box will have a MSRP of $34,990.

The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado will be available in fall 2014.

“Colorado is an all-new midsize pickup that offers truck customers great versatility and great value,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. “It will also have strong appeal for people who know they want a truck, but want one that is easier to maneuver in traffic and easier to park at work or at home.”
2015 Chevrolet Colorado Priced at $20,995 » AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
634 Posts
Looks like I'm getting outta there for less than 35k. I'll wait for the first year or so. I'm sure there will be some sort of recalls on the first model. I can wait. I'll preoccupy myself by putting something new on my truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pricing on the Canyon is coming in about $2K higher than I'd like to see... I'll have to weigh the cost/benefit of this against a diesel RAM at this price point.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
I wish it was a little lower, for me not worth it until the diesel comes out and used ones become available.

Pricing on the Canyon is coming in about $2K higher than I'd like to see... I'll have to weigh the cost/benefit of this against a diesel RAM at this price point.
If you wait for the diesel on the second production year you will get a much better powertrain for the money from what I see of GM's new diesels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a little bummed out about this. I was pretty sure I was going to be buying one of these trucks this year, but I'm not so certain anymore. I expected the Colorado to be a little cheaper than the Tacoma, but at $35k the Z71 quad cab is basically on par if not more expensive than a comparable Tacoma (not all of the options translate exactly so it's not black and white). I have an 06' Coly and I love the truck, but I'm not going to throw around $30k+ based on brand loyalty. I can't see paying the same amount for these trucks when the Tacoma has basically the best reliability and resale value on the road. If I could wait a year I would just get one with a few miles on it and save some money, but I'm in the market for a truck now. I can save some money and get a 2012 Tacoma for around $30k, or get a brand new one for what the Colorado costs so I will be doing one of those. Not to mention there is a 6-speed option on the quad cab Tacoma...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
GM feels their truck is better than the Tacoma which has not seen significant updates in almost 10 years. Of course they are going to ask more $ for it.

There will be some built up demand, since the Colorado has been off the market for a few years.

After the early adopters buy in, GM will offer small rebates to help hit the sales targets.

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Sure glad I get a GM discount if I ever get one....

I bet the diesel will be closer to $40k!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Another thing that pisses me off about this crap is as soon as this newun comes out, our rides will drop in price compared the the dirt price it's at now. I'm just gonna continue dumping money into mine. I'm never gonna get rid of it. Cause I won't get shit for it. Pay it off which Ik close to seeing as I got it a couple years ago. Park it and get a new rado which will easily be a few years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand that GM is proud of this truck, and I don't expect them to just give it away. I also wouldn't expect people to make a bad investment based on the hype around the truck. Obviously some people are going to buy this because of brand loyalty and the excitement of a new model, but those of us looking for the best truck for the money the Colorado isn't it in this price range (at least not this year). The diesel model and eventual incentives could change that. But just because the Tacoma hasn't been redesigned in a decade doesn't mean it isn't a better more reliable truck that will be worth more money than a Coly when you sell it. The interior of the Tacoma is the only reason I haven't bought one yet, and now that the Coly I want is more money it doesn't even matter. If I could get into a new Coly for $3-5k less than a Tacoma knowing it would sell for at least that much less in 5 years, then I would do it. But knowing that I am practically giving that money away to GM instead of keeping it in my pocket is just silly to me. I wish I could wait and just buy one in a year or two, but that isn't an option for me.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I ordered a 2007 Chevy Colorado 3LT Z71 Extended Cab fully loaded from the factory with everything but onstar . Sticker Price. $ 29,800. That was 7 years ago. So what do you think a new one should cost. Now, I had my brother's GM discount and I bargained with my salesman and was able to buy it at 25,500. It's going to be the same thing. I want one!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Another thing to consider is this is the starting price for each level. We still haven't seen a fully optioned All-Terrain CC 4x4 Canyon with the 6' bed option. That could easily be over $42K even without the diesel...

My excitement level has definitely been put on ice at this point.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sticker price has nothing to do with the ones sitting on the lot for a while. Not everyone is going to run out and buy these. There will be great deals.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Any guess as to which month the rebates will start?
I'll say December or January. First (2) months will have solid/strong sales, but they will fall off a cliff after that. Especially when you can get about $8K off of a full size, which is far more capable in every way (not as nimble off road or in big cities, but still).

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
I work real close to a chevy dealer and they have a standard cab with a 5.3 its a w/t truck and they are looking for $35k for that. But I have no need for a full size rig. I like driving stick shift and they only way they are putting a stick in a coly is a striped w/t ext cab. We will have to see what kind of number they want for that before I give my truck up

·
Registered
424 Posts
Where's the new Colorado made?.......if it's Mexico, forget it.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Gm has done it yet again..............over priced the market. Want proof, look at the stupid discounts they have been giving out on the Silverados.

Everyone knows that trucks are GMs cash cow.......be ready to wheel and deal if you want one.

Issue being.........why and how many people are willing to spend 40K on a mid sized diesel truck when you can buy a full size for the same money or less.

I would love a new crew cab Z71 4x4 with the 3.6......but I'm not going to pay more for it then I did for my lightly used Tahoe 4x4 LTZ

GM.....wake up, price it right and make money in volume... this is simple business knowledge

I was in the mood to use a bunch of colors on this post

·
Registered
491 Posts
Gm has done it yet again..............over priced the market. Want proof, look at the stupid discounts they have been giving out on the Silverados.

Everyone knows that trucks are GMs cash cow.......be ready to wheel and deal if you want one.

Issue being.........why and how many people are willing to spend 40K on a mid sized diesel truck when you can buy a full size for the same money or less.

I would love a new crew cab Z71 4x4 with the 3.6......but I'm not going to pay more for it then I did for my lightly used Tahoe 4x4 LTZ

GM.....wake up, price it right and make money in volume... this is simple business knowledge

I was in the mood to use a bunch of colors on this post
So colorful lol

But seriously, people, what did you expect? Cheaper prices than the Tacoma? No chance! The Taco is a 10 year old, outdated truck. These new trucks are leaps and bounds ahead of any of the competition, which certainly warrants the extra money. This is all relatively speaking of course; 5 years ago I would have said you were crazy to ask $37K for a 1/2 ton, let alone a mid size. But now, in the age of $50K 1/2 tons and $70K 3/4 and 1 tons, $37K for a new midsize truck seems reasonable. Better grab one now, in another couple of years these will be $50K trucks...

·
Registered
220 Posts
So colorful lol

But seriously, people, what did you expect? Cheaper prices than the Tacoma? No chance! The Taco is a 10 year old, outdated truck. These new trucks are leaps and bounds ahead of any of the competition, which certainly warrants the extra money. This is all relatively speaking of course; 5 years ago I would have said you were crazy to ask $37K for a 1/2 ton, let alone a mid size. But now, in the age of $50K 1/2 tons and $70K 3/4 and 1 tons, $37K for a new midsize truck seems reasonable. Better grab one now, in another couple of years these will be $50K trucks...
Given the price, I think I'm shifting over to a full size now. It just doesn't make sense to me to pay about $40K for a truck whose only benefit to me would be the smaller size (easier to navigate in the city) since I'm not an off-roader (the other major benefit of the mid size trucks). With GM employee pricing or RAM's ultra-discounted prices, I think I can get in a full size for a comparable price and have (a) proven resale value and (b) much more capability/space/etc.

Also, this thing will end up easily $5-7K more than a Tacoma. We can currently build a Taco all the way up to about $42K with every box checked. GM has announced that the CC 4x4 "starts" at $38K. I'm betting there will be a few boxes you can check on that build-and-price screen that will send the total up to base Silverado LTZ/Sierra SLT levels.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts