Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting one of these when they come out, or at least considering it. I have seen the inside pictures of the ext cab version of the 2015 Colorado/canyon - from what I understand they are the same seat design as the previous models. My question is, could you fit a car seat in those seats? A rear facing infant seat and regular car seat? I know the crew cab would be better obviously, I am just asking if it is POSSIBLE or if anybody has done this in their older Colorado or canyon? Just wondering. Thanks.

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
I would have to say no.

I have 1 of each car seats you're talking about in my crew cab now and its a tight fit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
my daughter is 9mo in my ext cab its a tight fit with her infant seat the passenger seat was really close to the dash and her convertible carseat isnt really any better for the kids comfort and yours id say go with the bigger back seat, i talked to my salesman (same one for years and three cars) told him we needed bigger and he is going to try to order a few more 4 doors for us to look at, so thats the route we are going

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So from what I am gathering it is possible and some of you have done it. Does anybody have any pictures of this? The reason I ask is that I am considering buying one of these trucks when they come out and so far I think I like the extended cab gmc canyon the best. If a child or two is in our future, I just want to make sure I have a vehicle that could carry a couple small children when needed.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I can take you a picture tomorrow of what the harness point looks like, but I don't have a car seat to put in and show you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Car seats vary a lot in how much space they take up but for young kids you need a full wrap around type car seat with the harness and everything. That's not going to fit. Especially facing backwards as is required under 25#.
Now once the kid weighs about 35# you can use just a seat base with the normal seatbelt and that will fit fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
The car seat goes inbetween the seats on the older trucks. There is a removable panel and a special mounting point for the harness.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
There is another harness point behind the seat cushion on the rear wall. That harness point is for both rear seats. idk how a seat would fit in the middle rear.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've seen where guys removed their back seats entirely and then semi permanently mounted children's seats using the stock anchor points. Once the foam comes out you have lots of room to do stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts