Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read previous updates in the series, click here.

General Motors has not been shy about proclaiming its new midsize pickup truck twins, the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, as the perfect vehicles for outdoor enthusiasts and it just so happens that I am one.

My particular method of escaping the city for the wilderness is riding atop a snowmobile, though if you would rather take kayaks or an ATV, most of the demands are the same. Putting it simply, you need a vehicle that can get you where you want to go with all of your gear comfortably in tow. And for a snowmobiler, tons of gear is part of the gig.
Read more about the 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: the ‘Enthusiast’ Test at AutoGuide.com.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Having the snowmobile out on to the tailgate is nothing unheard of; normal by all means.

I'm from Maine, so I used to deal with this growing up.

The writer is a little slow. If you have more then on passenger and gear.....you'll have a trailer with 2 machines loaded up......therefore all of the "gear" would be in the bed of the truck.

An MX-Z 800 will only carry the rider and one passenger.....so his article is a little skewed to say the least while having a crew cab truck and his so called requirements for a weekend get away.

Sadly people will read this and take it for face value without thinking of the actual needs, requirements and a dose of common sense

·
World Traveler
818 Posts
Sadly people will read this and take it for face value without thinking of the actual needs, requirements and a dose of common sense
word to that.

a good article non the less, cant wait to see more of these trucks on the road being used as a truck.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I'm seeing more and more of them daily here in the Fort Meade area

·
Registered
220 Posts
Surprisingly, I'm seeing more Canyons in my area than Colorados. I say surprisingly because the Canyon has zero marketing and has been significantly outsold by the Colorado.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I only read the beginning of this article but, why would you take 2 people in the backseat ( 4 people) into the woods in the middle of the winter to ride a snow mobile that holds 2 people? What would the other 2 people do? Stand there and freeze their asses off or sit in truck and wait for you? That would suck for them. That seems stupid to me. Take 1 friend and you have plenty of room. Does this guy need an audience to watch him ride?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I only read the beginning of this article but, why would you take 2 people in the backseat ( 4 people) into the woods in the middle of the winter to ride a snow mobile that holds 2 people? What would the other 2 people do? Stand there and freeze their asses off or sit in truck and wait for you? That would suck for them. That seems stupid to me. Take 1 friend and you have plenty of room. Does this guy need an audience to watch him ride?
By the way he writes........ yuuupppp :lmaop:

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
If he was really concerned about the wheelwell width, he could have a sled bed made.

Anyways, the article is spot on with gear just as with our current trucks. When I go snowmachining, the sleds are on the trailer and the bed is dedicated to gear. About what you should expect for a midsize.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts