Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Colorado I4 2wd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 2wd Colorado that I plan on building to pre-runner level build, at least I hope. I've had dreams of this for years and I've watched as kits become less available until they just don't exist anymore. I'd be curious to find out what would be required to retrofit a kit for a 2015+ Colorado onto my 04. I've tried searching through the forums and didn't find anything resources where someone already looked into this. I know with some of the old Nissan's they were able to swap the full size truck suspension to achieve basically the same thing. All of this is solved if anyone has a used kit that they'd be willing to part with, I could go either way. Looking for any advice so your info is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Totally different suspensions and geometry. If you can fab you might be able to use 2nd gen parts by stripping a 1st gen front end and fab up a way to use anything you wanted. I am about to start on a Journey of turning my 2005 Z71 2wd into a 4x4 coil over trailing arm set up with a Dana 44 donated from a 75 Jeep Wagoneer up front and a 97 Isuzu Rodeo Dana 44 out back. Started collecting parts. Lots of Fab work coming. It is a daily driver, so when all the parts are all assembled and ready to be put on, the swap will start. Hopefully by June next year. Dream big and fab up whatever you want, that is the reason it is a custom. As for suspension parts, Talk to MMW(Michigan Metal Works) they can build anything for a price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts