Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

I don't have the specs at hand, but I don't think the mount hole spacing is the same. Someone will come by shortly with the figures.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Lug pattern is the same, but the center bore is not large enough. There should be a "how to" on how to bore out the center hole using a router. If you're looking for stock wheels that will fit your truck, any Toyota 4Runner wheel will do. Actually, the center bore on those wheels will be a bit larger than ours, but the 4Runner wheels are lug-centered, so that is not a problem. Those are the only stock wheels from other vehicles that will fit our trucks that I am aware of. I put Toyota wheels on my truck, but hated to have the Toyota logo on them, so I ordered some bowtie logo decals from Amazon and put them on the center caps. Worked pretty good.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lug pattern is the same, but the center bore is not large enough. There should be a "how to" on how to bore out the center hole using a router. If you're looking for stock wheels that will fit your truck, any Toyota 4Runner wheel will do. Actually, the center bore on those wheels will be a bit larger than ours, but the 4Runner wheels are lug-centered, so that is not a problem. Those are the only stock wheels from other vehicles that will fit our trucks that I am aware of. I put Toyota wheels on my truck, but hated to have the Toyota logo on them, so I ordered some bowtie logo decals from Amazon and put them on the center caps. Worked pretty good.
View attachment 344298 View attachment 344298
Thanks for this info - helped a lot

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The only "adapters" I'm familiar with are actually a plate that bolts to your existing lugs and has a new set of lugs that stick out to accept the new wheel. I got over 4,000,000 results when I typed in " '05 to '15 Chevy Colorado hub adapters". I've never liked the idea of using these. First, they are wheel spacers, so they will make the new rim sit out about 1" from the hub. That may work well for you, but it may require a lift so that the fender doesn't run on the tires. Also, I've seen and heard of these adapters working loose. About a year ago, I was in my front yard washing my boat after a day on the water and heard a terrible grinding, scraping noise from up the street. I looked up and saw a wheel rolling down my street and saw an old truck with sparks flying out from the front passenger side of the truck. The wheel (still traveling at 40 MPH!) jumped the curb and smashed into a neighbors car and the when the truck finally came to a stop, it was almost sideways in the road. The driver had lowered an older truck and had used hub adapters to go from 6 lug to 5 lug so he could put some classic 70's era mag wheels on the truck. I got my tools and floor jack and helped him put it back together. I happened to have a bucket full of random nuts and bolts, so we found enough lug nuts to get him rolling again. He actually told me that that was the second time that this had happened! So, I would not recommend this, but the adapters are apparently available. Be very careful!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts