Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DETROIT – On the street or on the trail, the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado’s Midnight Edition and Z71 Trail Boss bring bolder choices to customers looking to make a visual statement with their truck.

The special editions roll into Chevrolet dealerships this fall, with distinctly tailored appearances that blend custom design cues with Colorado’s popular options and accessories. The Midnight Edition evokes the aesthetic of an urban tuner vehicle, while the Z71 Trail Boss is designed for terrain where the pavement ends.

“These are aggressive editions of one of the country’s hottest-selling truck, demonstrating the personalization that’s possible with Chevrolet accessories, whether it’s for the street, trail or both,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. “As the Colorado continues to win over new customers, the new Midnight Edition and Z71 Trail Boss give them more choices and build on segment-leading capabilities and efficiency.”

Colorado Midnight Edition
Echoing the blacked-out design theme introduced on the popular Silverado Midnight Edition, the 2016 Colorado Midnight Edition casts an imposing stance. Offered exclusively in black, additional exterior details such as the grille, the bowtie emblem and the 18-inch aluminum wheels are also finished in black.

Additional content includes a spray-on bedliner and soft, folding tonneau cover – both in black, of course – and Chevrolet-logo sill plates.

The Colorado Midnight Edition is available on LT models with the extended and crew cab bodies, in 2WD or 4WD, and with the 2.5L and 3.6L engines. It will also be available with the all-new 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel engine. Pricing will be announced later.

Colorado Z71 Trail Boss
The 2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss builds on the capability of Chevrolet’s Z71 off-road truck suspension package with more aggressive tires and off-road-inspired appearance enhancements.

An all-new sport bar with LED trail lighting makes the new edition of the Trail Boss instantly identifiable. It’s complemented by black-finished 17-inch aluminum wheels matched with aggressive Goodyear Wrangler DuraTec® 265/65R17 all-terrain tires, bold fender flares and tubular assist steps. It also features a black bowtie grille emblem and a spray-on bedliner, and a set of all-weather floor mats inside the truck.

The Colorado Z71 Trail Boss is available on Z71 models with the extended and crew cab bodies, and in 2WD or 4WD. Like the Midnight Edition, it will also be available with the 2.5L and 3.6L engines, as well as the 2.8L Duramax diesel. Pricing will be announced later.

Colorado at a glance
Colorado sales tallied 41,575 for the first six months of 2015, expanding the midsize truck market and driving new truck customers to Chevrolet – particularly in areas such as California and Texas, traditional hotspots for import brands.

Colorado’s sales for the first half of the year have outpaced Nissan Frontier by nearly 20 percent.

Colorado, the 2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year and Cars.com’s Best Pickup Truck of 2015, offers the most horsepower and best highway efficiency in the segment, as well as the highest available trailering rating – 7,000 pounds (V-6 models when properly equipped) – and higher payload rating – 1,590 pounds (V-6 models when properly equipped).

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling around 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at Chevrolet Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubBs_I2QH3M

source: 2016 Chevy Colorado Special Models Dressed to Impress

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Not a fan of the trail boss. I think I'd rather get the midnight and just lift it and put 33s.

Still undecided if I like the new body style...

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I'm confused as to why they put that big gaudy lip spoiler under the bumper that sits very low to the ground when they are trying to market to the offroaders. I would end up ripping that thing off driving 2 feet into the trails I go through.

If they made a valence with more clearance under it, I think it would be more appealing. For the price though, I would rather get a leftover silverado and lift it for less money or spend a little extra and get a brand new silverado with the rocky ridge lift package. I really can't get over the price of the new trucks, when I priced out an extended cab z71 with only some options and it was over $40,000. If you put $10K down you basically have a mortgage for 5 years and a 3 year loan is barely feasible for the average joe now adays.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
They've likely done it to aid in fuel consumption requirements...

Thing is... 95% of these trucks get bought and never leave the payment.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Yeah I understand that, especially since they have electric fins on the grille that open and close depending on speed. I just would think with a limited production model aimed at a specific crowd they would forget about that.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm confused as to why they put that big gaudy lip spoiler under the bumper that sits very low to the ground when they are trying to market to the offroaders. I would end up ripping that thing off driving 2 feet into the trails I go through.

If they made a valence with more clearance under it, I think it would be more appealing. For the price though, I would rather get a leftover silverado and lift it for less money or spend a little extra and get a brand new silverado with the rocky ridge lift package. I really can't get over the price of the new trucks, when I priced out an extended cab z71 with only some options and it was over $40,000. If you put $10K down you basically have a mortgage for 5 years and a 3 year loan is barely feasible for the average joe now adays.
I'm not sure how you got an extended cab Z71 with only a few options to cost over $40,000? My newly ordered 2016 Red Hot Extended cab, Z71 4x4 with a 3.6 engine, upgraded radio and Bose system, Chrome Side steps, spray in bed liner, tow package and mud flaps is $36,000. That's pretty much all the major options. Just curious how you got it to be over 40K? I guess if you clicked on every single option there is, you could get close, but why?

·
Registered
486 Posts
My 2007 Z71 Victory Red 4x4, 3.7 engine, 3LT with all the options and a sun roof and chrome side bars and mud flaps was $30,000. So that is a $6,000 dollar increase in price for a fully redesigned truck, nine years later. I think that is pretty good considering the new design completely blows away the old truck in every aspect. And I'm not even close to paying sticker price for the new one. Dealers will bargain if you drive around to them. And most of the people that take them offroad are just taking the spoilers off. The truck looks better without it anyhow.

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
My crew cab short bed, fully loaded came out to $39,970. However since then, they've added the trail boss edition which can add another near $3000 but that's for the more serious off roaders. It serves me no purpose to pay extra for those wheels and tires.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Had a fun time Matt. Thanks for inviting me. Let's see the photos of our trucks lined up with the 2 inconspicuous vehicles. ?

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
Anytime Brian. Now you have to get a 700 or you're in violation or internet penal code 355.700.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts