Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for submitting your calendar shots. This thread will close on November 29th, so you have over a month to submit your pictures!

If you want a better chance at making the calendar, follow the guidelines below, otherwise I might just skip over your submission. :shrug:

My guidelines for the pictures are as follows:
- No Copyright/Trademarked/Watermarked photos. Even if it is yours, don't post it with the watermark please. Also, if it's not obvious, I don't have the time to get into any pissing contests with other photographers. If you post up something that someone else shot, you need to have permission from them to use it. If there is a watermark on there, I will not use it since I don't have the time to be asking for contact information of the photographer to ask for permission.
- Only your truck. Group shots will not be used. If there are other vehicles in the frame (ie you driving on the street), that is okay, but the picture must be focused on your truck.
- No pictures of you with your truck. Don't need you cheesin with your truck. If you are driving it and not making a stupid face at the camera and it's a great shot, I might end up using it.
- Pictures need to be a resolution of 800x600 at a minimum. Won't have time to get the larger resolution shots off of you so upload them at what I can use. The next size up (1028x1200 or whatever) would be ideal.
- No black and white pictures. Going to use color.
- No photshopped or instagram filtered pictures. Self explanatory.
- Pictures must include the whole truck. Basically make sure that you don't cut off a corner or the front/rear bumper of your truck.
- You get ONE post with no more than 4 pictures. Place them all in one post. If you find better ones, replace them. You have all month to do this and you can change them around as much as you want.

If there is anything you are curious about post up and ask. Pretty sure I hit on all of it, but there might be something I missed.

Go out and make an effort to get some good pictures. Pictures of your truck sitting in your driveway from the front door are not something I am looking for. Find something interesting to park in front of. Quality shots will get your picture into this calendar before crappy pictures taken in the parking lot in the middle of the night do. If you aren't making the effort to get good shots, then I don't feel you really care if you are in the calendar or not. This calendar is used to represent what 355Nation is made of.

Lastly, no bs in the thread. Keep all the random talk elsewhere. I do not know pricing and I have an idea of what I am going to do. If you have a suggestion on a format/layout, maybe you have seen something done that was really nice, pm me the idea. I plan on having these done within the first few weeks of December if everything goes smoothly so they will be able to be delivered by Christmas.

Check out this thread on how to get some good shots of your truck: https://www.355nation.net/forum/photography/79-how-take-great-pictures-your-truck-post-them.html

Here is an example:

Bad picture that I would not use for the calendar. The shot is in a driveway with bad glare. The photo is simply boring and has no appeal to the eye.

Better quality one that I would use. The photo shows the stance well, draws the eyes around the various parts and, all in all, is a good shot to showcase the truck.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Here's my submissions for the 2018 calendar .. good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

Attachments

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Saving a spot. And since I can't drive a clutch right now due to knee replacement surgery, I'll have to use some older pics.

Photo courtesy of lil nene.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.