1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
i think they would be fine...im sure others know better then me...haha those wheels are sick too!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i found a couple pics online that look like at stock height the may actually even get away with a 245/40....

·
0 Posts
dont do it bro when i bought my wheels last month i was originally going to get 22 and the owner of the tire shop said ya they look nice but they will give u problems in the long run and a rough ride just get 20's

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
see thats what i had heard if you were runnin em all the time but id only be runnin me 5 maaaaaybe 6 months a year....and from what ive heard is it really only did work on the brakes....no more strain on other parts than hard driving...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
dont do it bro when i bought my wheels last month i was originally going to get 22 and the owner of the tire shop said ya they look nice but they will give u problems in the long run and a rough ride just get 20's
your tire shop guy is an idiot....

the 22's ride fine... prolly as smooth if not smoother than the 20's. I had 255/30's on my 22's and they rode like a dream

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any of you guys have problems rubbin the xtreme flares?...

so just to get a little meat on the tires you think a 245/40 would work?...

and whats the widest wheel i should go with?....9"?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
With the flares you can't go any different than 255/30 without rubbing the flares. I had a bigger size on mine and swapped out for the 255/30 series.

The only rubbing u will get is at full lock on the sway bar and an occasional rub on the flares if u find a big dip or pothole in the road.

with 245/40's you will be adding 1.7" to the tire diameter... those will rub for sure.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok so i found a couple of trucks on car domain...now im confussed...the both claim 22s but one seems smaller than the other...heres to of the pics....

is it just me or does the first look like 20s compared to the second one

its obvious that the tires are different but dame the chrome one seems huge

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
first one looks like 20's cuz of the black... thats what mine looked like too....

If u notice in the first pic.. that guy has 255/30's

they second pic it looks like he has the 40 series... however... he prolly cut the inner side of the fender to get them to squeeze by...

you can do that.. but its your choice. I didn't want to trim my fenders so I went with something that fit.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i think i may have to go shopping today....hahaha its just to bad i cant put em on for atleast a month maybe two....

now do you have the stupid tire pressure thing in your truck....if i want it its gonna cost me extra 2 bills i think...

i think im gonna go all black tho...no polished lip...murdered out

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what size wheels do you have 22/8.5?....any idea on the full details on the like backspacing n stuff?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
im kinda bumbed about the american racing wheels i posted in the 1st post...the dont come an skinner that 9.5 and i have my doubts about that fitment....i think the look dope tho.... but i think that something close to what im gonna go with....thick spokes like that....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts