Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 08 I5 has just hit over 260k miles and I'm getting worried that the engine is going to start wearing out on me. I'm looking to see what other i5 owners to keep their rado going. Also any general tips to keep it healthy would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello Colorado Viking. my 2004 canyon just turned 175k miles. glad to hear yours is still running well for you. you must take good care of her. I just test grove a new one. they are nice but I cant justify spending $35k on a new truck when mine runs great and everything works fine on her. just keep doing what you having been doing to yours. it is nice to know I could get as many miles on mine as you have on your truck.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Wow...pretty monumental mileage on your I5-355 and even in the harsh conditions of MI. I agree...keep doing what you're doing. Routine service and fix anything that fails + keep rack'n the miles!

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
You seem to be doing something right, already! It gives me hope as my 05 is now at 223k. I know there was a member with a 4 cylinder that went well over 300k

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
So my 08 I5 has just hit over 260k miles and I'm getting worried that the engine is going to start wearing out on me. I'm looking to see what other i5 owners to keep their rado going. Also any general tips to keep it healthy would be appreciated.
I'm about 65K miles behind you (all my miles) but over the years, I've have had many vehicles that went well over 250K and were still doing well except for my old Nova that was t-boned and totaled. Maint. Schedules were followed and then some. if the manufacturer said do something at 50K, I made sure it was done 50K - 1. As far as the engine, change the oil often and don't run it all day at 5-6K rpms.

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
There is guy on here @NatoRepublic that hit over 325K miles before his motor let go, he hasn't been on here since early Dec, so I don't know if he's still around or not

·
Registered
36 Posts
Halfway to 260k with my 08..just curious as to what if anything major you have had to replace besides the obvious brakes, belts and what not

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have over 227k on mine. It hasn't giving me any issues other then CEL, because of dirty TB. Since I took care of that, no worries.....knock on wood. Considered swapping for a 3.7l, but have to replace the motor in my car....smh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got you all beat haha, mine has 360,800 and runs strong as ever, it's a 2005 I5, bought it from my work it's a retired fleet vehicle, runs just as smooth as our 2012's

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Got you all beat haha, mine has 360,800 and runs strong as ever, it's a 2005 I5, bought it from my work it's a retired fleet vehicle, runs just as smooth as our 2012's
Good to know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yah I'm worried about my truck too, I'm sitting at 360,108k. I've never had a problem with it, the most I've done to it was brakes all the way around, battery and drivers lower ball joint. Everything else is original, believe it or not my winter mechanic was surprised. But I am starting to get worried because i have an orangey leak coming from the right of my oil filter. The leak is very mild but still worried it might be this death cool issue everyone is talking about. It might also be coming from the thermostat idk. Anyone else have this issue or any inputs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts