Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has come to my understanding that any tire at or below a 265/70/17 (31.6") will fit just fine without any lifts on a colorado depending on the stock setup (aka how it came from the factory). I currently have a stock setup with my 2012 V8 Z71 4x4 (31.6" tire) and the previous owner said "the only modification done to the truck was a camper". My question is, Can I fit a 285/70/16 (32.8'') tire if I add a bigger torsion key and rear shackles to lift the truck? Does anyone have a similar tire package and what was done to your truck in order to achieve this set up. Did you need to trim anything and is the trimming noticeable. I have been looking through the forums and it seems like it is possible with trimming but I wanna be as sure as possible thats why im asking. Any help is greatly appreciated even if its "keep on looking through the forums" because that means that info is already out there i Just need to add a bit more to my research. Thanks to anyone who took the time to respond.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to mention, this is the rim on my mind if it helps with my question
AR23 4.5BS 6x5.5

1 - 2 of 2 Posts