Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2wd 2009 colorado work truck and I was wondering if there is any good leveling kits out there. My truck is stock hight with 28 inch Radial Wild Country XTX tires and I think it would look better with a leveling kit

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ready Lift SST Leveling kit, best kit for the money my opinion. its a 2'' rear shackle with shock spacer, and ball joint spacer and flip. I had this on my truck when i first got it, ive since then lifted the truck 8 inches. The kit retail for $399 last time i looked, i have everything from the kit left to do the front with if your interested. ill sell it for dirt cheap. $50 bucks, you pay shipping.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have a 2WD and bought the suspension max two in lift kit which came with shackles for the rear and longer springs for up front. Mine looks decently level. Just need the Z71 wheels and tires to complete the look. lol

Oh and I paid a hundred and ninty bucks for mine too hahaha its been on for about a year now

·
Registered
548 Posts
I got just the SMAX spacers up front, haven't had a chance to order the shackles, but with Bilstein shocks, I got 3.25 inches of lift over stock without all of the spacers in

·
Registered
627 Posts
There are the 3" Spindles off ebay as well, which you could also stack with the 2.5 coil spacer, then get some shackles to lift the rear up a little bit

·
Registered
22 Posts
X2 on the Readylift SST leveling kit. This kit lifts your truck 2.5" in the front and 2" in the rear. I'm running this kit with a 2.5" Skyjacker AAL.

Netted 4" rear 2.5" front for a good rake.

·
Registered
509 Posts
im look to lift my 2wd too, but run with my stock diameter size but on 245wide

i prefer top strut spacer for me, is better and heavyduty. The sst kit, that is just lower shock spacer thats not look hd...

any have goog picture off is truck on stock tire?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
All this advice is wayyyy over rated. 3" spindle lift on ebay is pretty much the same price as all the lifts suggested above and is by far the best. It will not change ride quality what so ever while the spacer lifts will. Do it right, do it best with 3" spindle. End thread

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
im look to lift my 2wd too, but run with my stock diameter size but on 245wide

i prefer top strut spacer for me, is better and heavyduty. The sst kit, that is just lower shock spacer thats not look hd...

any have goog picture off is truck on stock tire?
This will look very close (WILL RS member picture)

·
Registered
509 Posts
that look good for high for tire vs. fender, with wide tire on wide rim its good look for 2wd

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If you want to keep your mpg as closest as stock and have a bigger tire to better fill that fender gap I would recommend a 235/75/15 tire. 8.5 - 9" x15 wheels.

If you want to go offroad and get the highest clearance you can go up to 31x10x15 tires with a wheels with proper offset. (May have a slight rub on sway bars at full lock)

If your mpg and suspension longevity is priority, then dont lift your truck.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
And 8.5" - 9" wide wheel is too wide for a P235 tire. A 235 tire is only 9.2" wide.

Look at the tire manufacturer web site of the tire you wish to purchase. They have an approved wheel width range for any given tire size. Too wide of a wheel and the center of the tire can cup and not make proper engagement to the ground. To narrow a wheel and the outside edges will not make ground contact.

Your local tire shop knows all of that and will sell you the appropriate combination.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i run 245,45-20 on 9in wide wheel, no trouble

most of car and lite truck stretch those tire, that not a huge trouble just less safe than proper size for rim

·
Registered
22 Posts
The spacers do not change ride quality either. I noticed no difference from stock before or after installing the ReadyLift kit. If you can get the spindles cheaper, go for it. 3" is better than 2.5".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts