Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a 2WD truck that I need to put springs on the front of, I've been wanting to lift it for a while and I figured that since I need to put springs on it I'd find out if there was a set of springs that I could purchase that would include a little lift, I can buy factory springs at one of my jobs for about $60 from MOOG, and I don't mind to do that, but if I can knock out two birds with one stone then I'm all for it. I've done some brief research here at work but yielded no results.

What, if available, are the springs that I am looking for?
And if they're not available, what can I do with factory coils to gain 2-3" of lift on the front without breaking the bank?

Thanks guys!
Mike

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Probably just get a spacer for the top of the coilspring that you can install when you add those $60 springs you mentioned. SuspensionMaxx would get you a couple inches in the front. Then get a 2" lift shackle for the back

Coilspring spacer allow for use of existing shocks.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Why do you need new coils? I wouldn't get lift coils, the spacers and way better or save up for spindles.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
^^this^^

You can get cheap coil spacers off eBay or get the more expensive coil spacer "kits" from Readylift or suspension Maxx that ride a little better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Why do you need new coils? I wouldn't get lift coils, the spacers and way better or save up for spindles.
Too cheap to lower properly, sawzall to the springs yields instant gratification.

I don't mind purchasing new stock springs and adding spacers, I considered spacers to actually fit on top of the top hat of the strut, which would keep the struts in their ideal working range and save me from overextension, although I could not find any of the sort in my brief searching. Would a ball joint flip produce any positive result in a coil spring truck?

Thanks again guys!
Mike

EDIT: This is what I meant I was looking for, it's amazing what you can find when you actually look for something.

http://suspensionmaxx.gostorego.com/smx-10185x.html

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
The suspension Maxx kit comes with upper ball joint spacers to help the angle so a ball joint flip would not be necessary.

Suspension Maxx is a vendor this site there are couple of threads about this kit you may want to look at. If you call them directly you should get a bit of a discount if you mention you are a 355nation.net member.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! Thanks Greg! I am going to purchase the new springs and remove the blocks in the back and before too long I suppose I'll be ordering this SuspensionMAXX kit.

What should I do on the rear to match? New leafs? Shackles would be cheaper of course, but I do have 180K mile springs all around that have been beat and abused in every stage of life, plus the new springs up front would warrant new springs in the rear...

Any suggestions for rear springs for 2-3" of lift?

I can see this costing me more and more already... Why can't I just leave things alone?

Thanks guys!
Mike

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Makes sense, if your coils were cut than yes you need new coils. I would get stock coils off a Z85 and those coil spacers you posted and you should be set.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Well if you feel your leaf springs are sagging then either get new stock ones and some lift shackles or throw some add a leafs in your current packs and be good for a while or get the soft ride replacement leaf packs from skyjacker that will net you around 2.5 inches of lift

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
You will need longer shocks in the rear too if you are lifting 2 or more inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts