Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone!? Fairly new to the site and a complete newb when it comes to parts and installation other than a CAI and car audio :bow2: So basically looking to get maybe 2-3" of lift on my 04' GMC Canyon Z71 SLE 2WD. My stance right now is 34" from the ground to the fender well in the front and 34 1/2" on the ass end. Running Pirelli Scorpion 265/75/R15s.

Been doing plenty of research and reading thousands of forums and leaning towards Suspension MAXX thread at: http://www.355nation.net/forum/susp...-maxx-leveling-lift-lowering-kit-4x4-z71.html

Always felt like lifting a 2WD truck is pointless but hey I figured I'll have her for a few years so why not lol And of course hoping gas mileage isn't affected much if at all would be a plus! So if you have any suggestions on the most cost effective and easy installation for 2-3" of lift would be fantastic!

Ideas:
2" Shackles in the rear, TB crank, body lift, key??
Gonna look good either way, followed by :drinking28:

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey welcome! My truck is a 2wd Z71 also. I think it depends on if you want to get larger tires to match the proportions of how much lift you want. You would be good to go with some 22" shackles and crank the torsion bars to level it with the rear. You can try cranking your stock ones first and that might save you some money if their not sagged too much.

I have 2" shackles, 2.5" of crank and then a 3" body lift. I got 33" tires though cause the stockers looked way to small. You could also do shackles, torsion crank and 1.5" body lift and your tires might still look ok.

Look at the lifted truck info thread. Theres pictures and specs of everyone's lift/tires.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey welcome! My truck is a 2wd Z71 also. I think it depends on if you want to get larger tires to match the proportions of how much lift you want. You would be good to go with some 22" shackles and crank the torsion bars to level it with the rear. You can try cranking your stock ones first and that might save you some money if their not sagged too much.

I have 2" shackles, 2.5" of crank and then a 3" body lift. I got 33" tires though cause the stockers looked way to small. You could also do shackles, torsion crank and 1.5" body lift and your tires might still look ok.

Look at the lifted truck info thread. Theres pictures and specs of everyone's lift/tires.
Thanks for the response! Have any pics of your truck? You notice any difference in ride quality/ gas mileage? Pretty much exactly what you have is what I'm interested in at 33" tires. Also did you install new suspension? Curious what body lift you went with too lol thanks

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Lol

Torsion bar crank is your best bet from cost perspective. You may not even need new keys.

Ride quality is going to go south the more you crank. Nothing to prevent that at all. You WILL notice ride quality to to 2" in the rear and level up front.

Fender to ground measurements are useless. Gotta measure from the hub to fender as outlined in all the other threads.

2" shackles on the rear and crank to level with stock keys. Then you're done. If you can't get the desired height up front (while staying within the trucks height limits of 24.5" hub/fender max), then add keys.

Gas mileage will decrease slightly just because of the lift (changed aerodynamics) but you may barely even notice it. Other performance losses, and economy losses are directly related to tire size and type. It will decrease with a larger tire, no getting away from that. Depending on how tall depends on the efficiency loss.

·
Registered
163 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts