845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its was 8pm about temps were in the low 90's

i ran 10.800 @ 65mph in the 1/8

im not very pleased.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea thats not very good. even with my heavy wheels. on a night just like that ill run 10.6 @69.8mph... without my wheels about [email protected] like he said wat cab config?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2006 little over 8000 miles ext cab xtreme zq8 stock suspension stock rims kn fipk magnaflow

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
what cab configuration? what was the altitude of the track? mods?
:yeahthat:

My best 1/8th for this year has been a [email protected], I've only been out twice though. My track is at about 1,000ft, and at the time all I had done was the PCM4Less tune with a gutted manifold cat, cheap muffler w/stock pipes, and a K&N drop in. It resulted in a [email protected] 1/4. Stock I think I was running 10.1'[email protected]

·
Registered
358 Posts
my guess would be that its ext. cab. were you on a full tank of gas? and running 87 octane?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
EC won't make that big of a difference, it's only 200lbs more than a RC. I'm guessing it has more to do with his location and the weather.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea then the extended cab should only cause .2 sec diff. ive run at that same temp at night on the 1/8th mile and my wheel cause about .2-.3 sec. more all together my wheels add 200 pounds then my OEM wheel and ran a 10.63. idk about altitude

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Another question, echo. Did you let the truck cool down at all before you made your passes? My best passes were after I let the truck sit for at least an hour and didn't have to wait more than a few minutes in the staging lanes. Once those underhood temps start rising from repetitive passes your times will drop considerably.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another question, echo. Did you let the truck cool down at all before you made your passes? My best passes were after I let the truck sit for at least an hour and didn't have to wait more than a few minutes in the staging lanes. Once those underhood temps start rising from repetitive passes your times will drop considerably.
actually i ran it 7 times in a row and i got better and better. i think its the humidity in the air. it was like 92 degress + 100% humidity!!!! which means it feels kinda like a miserable 100-105 degrees outside!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm betting your Intake Air temps were pushing 130-140... thats what happend when I went to our local track.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
What RPM are you launching at? You should have another easy couple tenths in your 60'.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
thats what I was thinking...either he's spinnin (doubtful) or just getting off the line really slow.
My guess was that he was launching off idle, but he could be spinning due to various reasons.

What's your launch technique echo? Do you do a burnout, and if so how long of one? Do you go through the waterbox or around it? What psi do you have your tires at?

Here's how I do it when I go to the track.

I pull around the water box and then back into it. I roll forward out of the waterbox, I just want to get the tires a little wet to make 'em easier to start spinning. If you do the burnout in the water box it will spray water all over your wheel wells and it will drip onto your tires and the track on the line. I hold the trans down into first, and start my burnout. I don't spin them very long, just enough to clean them off. I pull up to the staging light, and wait for the person in the other lane to get staged. I'll bring the RPM's up to about 1k, when the first yellow comes up I'll bring RPM's up to around 2k and then let off the brake just as the last yellow starts to dim.

My 60's aren't incredible or anything, but I usually get consistent low 2.2's or high 2.1's which isn't horrible for an unprepped track on a street radial and not much torque. I should be able to knock that down some when I get the truck retuned.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts