Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for this but seem to only find info for the 3.5 engine. I currently have the 77 series K&N intake on my truck but the intake pipe connects to the resonator. It doesn't seem that K&N makes a tube for the 3.7 that is long enough to delete the resonator. I know I can build my own delete out of PVC but I would just like an intake tube that is one complete piece. Can anyone tell me if the K&N 57 series for the 3.5 will work with the 3.7 with out throwing a CEL? Or does anyone make a one piece tube for the 3.7?

Thanks
kyle

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just went to AEM and Volant's sites and neither one of them show a cold air setup for the Colorado/Canyon 3.7 engine. All I get is filters...

edit: Their sites suck. Summit racing shows the Volant intake

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems I can't just buy the tube on the Volant. Their support says that they don't sell directly and I have to get it through a retailer.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Air Doc I5 Perormance Intake System Are you looking for something like that. Had the one on mine for about 6 years and still looks like new, never any problems with it.
I think he is looking for one solid tube for his intake as opposed to being pieced together. He wants something like the AEM intake or K&N 57 series that are just a single tube from filter to throttle body

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
The Air Doc tube replaces the resonator box. That is what I have here is a pic for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
has anybody here done the resonator delete mod but add pvc? op was asking a question similar to mine, except he wants it all in one piece. i am wanting to take out the resonator box and add a pvc, but i haven't found much on the 3.7 engine. i have an 07 colorado

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
has anybody here done the resonator delete mod but add pvc? op was asking a question similar to mine, except he wants it all in one piece. i am wanting to take out the resonator box and add a pvc, but i haven't found much on the 3.7 engine. i have an 07 colorado
At one time that idea was in the how to section at this link.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...e/301-how-eliminate-intake-resonator-box.html

For some reason it tells me I don't have sufficient privileges to access it. I'm wondering if the original OP deleted it... I wish I knew who the OP was...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That air doc tube retains the factory PVC. I have a home made one that deletes the resenator and retains PVC and will let you have it for probably less than you can buy the stuff to make it. Pm me if you are interested.

·
Spoolin Jr. Survivor
6,613 Posts
Damn I haven't been on in forever. I will box it up and ship it wherever. Just send me the cost for packaging and shipping to my paypal. Pm me the address.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts