Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at putting a electric fan on my I5 3.7 single cab and was wondering if a single 16" would be sufficient? The fan I'm looking at is a Flex-a-lite Syclone S-Blade Electric Fan #398... flows 2500 CFM. Only $108 from summit. Thoughts, opinions?

Also anyone have the pinout for the E67 ECM so I can control this with HP tuners?

· Premium Member
927 Posts
Looking at putting a electric fan on my I5 3.7 single cab and was wondering if a single 16" would be sufficient? The fan I'm looking at is a Flex-a-lite Syclone S-Blade Electric Fan #398... flows 2500 CFM. Only $108 from summit. Thoughts, opinions?
Just put a Supermod e-fan into my I5 3.5 this this past weekend. It's rated at 1500 cfm on low and 4500 CFM on high from a single fan. Have put about 300 miles on it since Saturday (today is Wednesday) and very pleased with the temperature, extra mile per gallon and what appears to be extra HP based on the ole butt dyno (or what ever is the politically corrent phrase these days).

· Premium Member
927 Posts

· US Army 19yrs and ......
51,526 Posts
Yeah i also say spring for the Supermod unit.

Are there cheaper fan??? Yes, but will they last......unlikely. I know my Flex a Lite Black Magic 180 barely does the job here in the Baltimore area.

Spend the cash now and have a drama free swap

· Administrator
9,929 Posts
Our prices range from $250 to $400. All depends on the options you want.
A PCM driven efan is $275 but you'll need to pay someone to install the PCM efan hack.
All my efans come pre-wired, ready to install and fully operational.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great yeah I don't really skimp out on parts for my truck if you saw my full size you would know this lol.... What's is the PCM hack? I want something I can control through the PCM like factory. $275 isn't bad at all.

· Administrator
9,929 Posts
Great yeah I don't really skimp out on parts for my truck if you saw my full size you would know this lol.... What's is the PCM hack? I want something I can control through the PCM like factory. $275 isn't bad at all.
What year is your truck?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.