Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone turbo'd a 3.5 or 3.7 if anyone has where do I need to start

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Has anyone turbo'd a 3.5 or 3.7 if anyone has where do I need to start
you need to know what your budget is. id say at least 3500 is a good start. yes 3500.

there are a few who have done it, but you need to be honest in what you are looking for.

high hp? in my eyes, in the long run a v8 swap will do what a turbo i5 will do for half the money, more reliable, more tq, and last longer.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
you need to know what your budget is. id say at least 3500 is a good start. yes 3500.

there are a few who have done it, but you need to be honest in what you are looking for.

high hp? in my eyes, in the long run a v8 swap will do what a turbo i5 will do for half the money, more reliable, more tq, and last longer.
I second that^ even being a daily driven 3.7 Turbo guy. the 3.7 with a turbo is fun no doubt, but its got its limits without spending a ton of money on forged parts/engine work/etc. I know Emaxxer would spit on my grave for saying this but IF i were to rewind to before I put the turbo on my I5 I would just go ahead and swap in a medium built 6.0l ls motor and 6 speed manual tranny and probably be about the same place I am with the 3 different manifolds Ive made and tinkering/redesigning Ive done in the past 2yrs... I love my I5 tho too cuz its super unique

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to make the truck more fun to drive and want a project not really wanting to do a v8 swap not really all that fond of v8s weird I'm sure I like the i5 and want to stick with it

·
Professional Shit Stirrer
2,736 Posts
Looking back at my build, if I didn't have the goals I did for the truck, then I would just swap a V8. But like an idiot, I wanted to be in magazines and featured on popular Youtube channels and websites.

A simple turbo kit is fun and can be reliable, but inevitably, everyone wants more and that's what gets everyone in trouble (when they start getting greedy)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts