Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Im looking to running 33 12.50 r15 on stock rims. I was wondering if I could get by with this by just adding this kit I just bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Torsion-Ke...3D181076052730

I also bought a diff drop kit from suspension maxx

Ive been told I should get wheel spacers. is this true? if so what size and brand?

Would I have to add or buy anything else to make this size tire work? My truck is completely stock 2008 z71 4x4 crew cab.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
even with spacers your probably gonna have to trim/cut/hammer whatever you rub on

1" or 1.5" spacers

expect a rough ride with a 3" torsion lift

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
First of all, don't have 12.5" tires installed on your stock wheels. Worse case scenario, your wheels are 6.5" wide. Best case scenario, your wheels are 7" wide. Depends on the truck you drive. So the wheel spacer question goes away because you have the opportunity to purchase the proper rim for that tire, and that will reduce the severity (or altogether) of wheel rubbing.

Next, no a new shock will not help the ride after a torsion bar lift. The ride is stiff because of a suspension system geometry change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im comfussed now if I even need this torsion key kit of if i can just crank the tb without it.

would i be better off just getting a add a leaf to raise the back and just crank the tb and send this kit back?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
A new torsion key is only necessary if your stock key can't get you to the height you wish to be at. New keys are indexed differently than stock allow additional adjustment. If you get the desired height on stock keys, then no need for replacements.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok ive been looking at skyjacker add a leaf RCC25...Im confused because some places advertise them as 2.5" lift and others as 4" lift but they both say the same item number RCC25. Can you buy them in different heights?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
There are different AAL's available, yes. Not sure why the part number would be the same. Not sure you're going to get 4" from a single leaf though. However I do not have experience with them.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
there is only one skyjacker AAL for our trucks... RCC25

about 2.5" of lift... give or take

some places advertise it as 4" because it is often sold as part of skyjacker's 4" sub frame lift kit... which is actually a 4" front/2.5" rear lift kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts