Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so right now i have 2" blocks on xtreme/zq8 leafs...equaling 3"s...anyone have any idea what the ride quality difference is?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I should have my 3" leafs with 1" blocks on either this weekend or next, so I'll let you know how much different it is over stock. Keep in mind though that the shock will play an important role in ride quality as well.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
yea i hear ya but with bigger blocks the leafs flex differently...(i think)....
You're probably right, I hear a lot of people say the ride changes after installing blocks. I've never used lowering blocks though so I wouldn't know. :shrug:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also anyone know if it would work out if i did the djm controll arms and z85 front coils instead of my ball joints/xtreme coils...

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
also anyone know if it would work out if i did the djm controll arms and z85 front coils instead of my ball joints/xtreme coils...
I think that would equal out to like a once inch drop..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm running the Belltech leafs out back with a 2" block and some toxic drop shocks...also the belltech springs up front and the DJM control arms, it rides really smooth, other than when I hit the frame going over railroad tracks. :kiki:

But compared to Z85 springs and 4" blocks, it rides waaaaaay smoother. :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm...i dunno what ta do now...all this talk bout the ball joints sucking balls makes me want to get rid of them...right now i think i might either find stock lower control arms with the sway bar mount still on it and do coil overs, or ill do djm controll arms and a z85 coil....that way i can put the ball joints back to stock...and the rear i think i want to do 3" leafs with maybe a 1 or 2 inch block, and make one of the c-notchs....hmmm what ta do what ta do

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
The last thing I would do is go with DJM's and a Z85 coil, it will be lower but with a softer spring so it will handle like shit.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
The last thing I would do is go with DJM's and a Z85 coil, it will be lower but with a softer spring so it will handle like shit.
HEY! That's what I have at the moment. It's not too bad for a 3" drop in the front, but I will be doing something more pretty soon, either zq8 coils or belltech drop shocks in the front combined with my djm arms.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
HEY! That's what I have at the moment. It's not too bad for a 3" drop in the front, but I will be doing something more pretty soon, either zq8 coils or belltech drop shocks in the front combined with my djm arms.

That's different though, you started as a z85. It'd be silly IMO to 'downgrade' from a ZQ8 spring to a Z85 spring. :shrug:

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
same thought here

personally i have the belltech springs cut to 3'' and its not bad. the front end is soft but handles. i dont bottom out on the front end.

i have 4'' blocks in the rear and they suck ass i aint gunna lie on that one. i bottom out on most bumps, pot holes, and dips.

greg larkins has the leafs and 1'' blocks on his rear and he doesnt bottom out. i think his truck is def smoother in the rear end than mine.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
That's different though, you started as a z85. It'd be silly IMO to 'downgrade' from a ZQ8 spring to a Z85 spring. :shrug:
not only that but the control arms are expensive.

plus he would have to find Z85 springs (which im sure isnt hard)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so my most current thought...djm front control arms....with 1" belltech drop coil (same as stock zq8 just stiffer supposidly)...then belltech spring cups for a 1" lift....that way i still have stiff coils and it should equal to a 2" drop...from my stock hieght that is....

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and then i can go to a hole 3" drop (from stock) by just removing the coil cups...haha that sounds funny...coil cups...come on everybody say it with me....COIL CUPS!!!

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
i need to install my 1 inch drop blocks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts