Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

3" leafs vs 2" blocks

2K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  switzxx20 
#1 ·
ok so right now i have 2" blocks on xtreme/zq8 leafs...equaling 3"s...anyone have any idea what the ride quality difference is?

#2 ·
I should have my 3" leafs with 1" blocks on either this weekend or next, so I'll let you know how much different it is over stock. Keep in mind though that the shock will play an important role in ride quality as well.

#4 ·
You're probably right, I hear a lot of people say the ride changes after installing blocks. I've never used lowering blocks though so I wouldn't know. :shrug:

#7 ·
I'm running the Belltech leafs out back with a 2" block and some toxic drop shocks...also the belltech springs up front and the DJM control arms, it rides really smooth, other than when I hit the frame going over railroad tracks. :kiki:

But compared to Z85 springs and 4" blocks, it rides waaaaaay smoother. :)

#10 ·
hmm...i dunno what ta do now...all this talk bout the ball joints sucking balls makes me want to get rid of them...right now i think i might either find stock lower control arms with the sway bar mount still on it and do coil overs, or ill do djm controll arms and a z85 coil....that way i can put the ball joints back to stock...and the rear i think i want to do 3" leafs with maybe a 1 or 2 inch block, and make one of the c-notchs....hmmm what ta do what ta do

#11 ·
The last thing I would do is go with DJM's and a Z85 coil, it will be lower but with a softer spring so it will handle like shit.

#18 ·
ok so my most current thought...djm front control arms....with 1" belltech drop coil (same as stock zq8 just stiffer supposidly)...then belltech spring cups for a 1" lift....that way i still have stiff coils and it should equal to a 2" drop...from my stock hieght that is....

#21 ·
alrighty gotz a couple questions....

1) anyone know the best/cheapest place to get the leveling spacers?
2)anyone know what the spacers are made out of, is there anything you can make em out of at home? i.e. machine an aluminum ring?..
3) do you use all 3 leveling spacers?...1 is 5/16, 2 is 10/16, and all 3 is just under an inch
4) best/cheapest place to get belltech 3" drop leafs....
5)whats a good price for the drop leafs and do they only sell them individually?

thank you for your time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.