Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been discussed already but can't seem to find an answer. I have an 06 crew cab Canyon Z85 4x4, with the 2.25' F, 1.5' R Ready Lift kit. My question is will I be able to fit 265/70R17 on there without rubbing?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You need the correct backspace then yes that tire will clear.

Speedometer will be off about 10% and mileage will drop to around 15 city 20 highway.

My 2008 Z85 sits on 265/75-16 (essentially the size you want) but with aftermarket wheels. My wheels are 8.5" wide with around 5.2" backspace.
I don't know my total front lift, but I have 1.5" shackles in the rear and the truck sits level.

Let us know what the wheel width, and the offset or backspace is and we'll help you out more.

·
Registered
242 Posts
32 foot tires? Damn......lol

They should fit but may need to do some trimming, but it depends on the back spacing of the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Probably rub the sway bar with that much backspace

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Yep, there is somebody else asking to fit a similar size tire with a similar wheel. Probably not the best selection.
You are probably going to need it down around 5" of backspace.

I clear by the width of my skinny fingers. Your wheel combination will be tucked in over 1/2 of what I have on my 2008 Z85 with a similar lift. I think my offset is +18 on an 8.5" wheel. It might be +12. It's been a few years since I've had them and do not recall the exact spec. Either way though, different than what you are considering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts