Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This crazy idea was discussed with a fellow member or two a couple years ago. I had a tough time finding one but, Kenny found one with the help of Jeremy in Maryland. Yeah, a few miles away and in the wrong hands for my ideas to come to life until a trade was made. Kenny had bigger and better ideas than I did for the bed but, he traded the Green Monster off. We soon struck a deal and started making plans to build the trailer.

Huge thanks to @onelow1ton and @1BADI5

I'll update post with pics as I make changes and additions.

·
Registered
366 Posts
saw this on the fb page and thought it was killer! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Still have lots of plans to get it complete, stay tuned.

I know a couple people hav snapped pics of it, feel free to post them up.

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My half truck has already won more awards at a meet than my whole truck has :kiki:

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
I thought a slide out BBQ grille would have been an option for the front compartment. But all in all, it's a sweet project Mark.

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought a slide out BBQ grille would have been an option for the front compartment. But all in all, it's a sweet project Mark.
Ding ding ding! Already found a Coleman griddle/grille that fits in one of the draws with just cutting the back of the draw out for the gas line

:D

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
That's a really long tongue on that bad boy, any plans on adding anything up front? Glad someone finally did this though, looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a really long tongue on that bad boy, any plans on adding anything up front? Glad someone finally did this though, looks awesome.
Yeah, gonna add a tray to hold two jerry cans, fire wood and the spare may end up there.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Yeah, gonna add a tray to hold two jerry cans, fire wood and the spare may end up there.
I was wondering about the same thing. Perfect extra storage space!

Another thing I kinda noticed was the trailer seemed to tilt down towards the front when hooked to your truck. Is the ball too low, or the trailer too high? (it might just be the angle of the pics I've seen) And is color matching it in the plans???

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another thing I kinda noticed was the trailer seemed to tilt down towards the front when hooked to your truck. Is the ball too low, or the trailer too high? (it might just be the angle of the pics I've seen) And is color matching it in the plans???
Worn out saggy leafs. I have a set of AAL's to go on the truck to solve that issue.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Gotcha. Now that I look at the last pic in the first post I can see the squat :lol: Can't wait to see where you go with this!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I love it and glad I could be part of the build.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Still didn't answer whether it's going to be color-matched...

Awesome idea, great build, and glad to see that nation members contributing. Nice job! I'm very interested in seeing how this progresses and what your plans for it will include.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts